Autumn’s big musical comedy has celebrities flocking to Oslo’s Great Hall Chateau Neuf. Sister Act builds on the film’s success with Whoopi Goldberg since 1992, and has had both Broadway and West End success.
With fierce disco rhythms and great folk ballads, the stage is set to infuse a real pleasure to perform!
– It went so fast
Maria Mina, 36, attended the premiere with her partner Morten Klepa, 35, who had previously kept a low profile.
– You’ll be the first to take a picture of us from the press! Maria smiles as she gently looks at her chosen one.
The popular artist talks about a relationship that arose in record time two and a half years ago.
Morten and I met right before Corona. We dated for two weeks, then there was a closure, and then he moved on. Things went fast! Maria laughs.
– We just had to move in together, and it worked out really well. Sometimes only you know. We “knew” it had to be us, and we had so much fun together, it’s radiant.
Maria is currently in the news with the song “It Was Love” that she wrote for the new drama series “Ettergloð” on NRK.
“Sister Act” is set in San Francisco, where the protagonist has to hide in a convent from her ex-boyfriend, who is wanted for murder.
Clearly visionary and energetic, Lily Pendres, 76, appeared at the premiere with her granddaughter Celine Pendres, 23, and when we asked Lily if she could imagine living in celibacy as a nun herself, she replied with a smile:
– No, I am very happy with life and freedom. So I guess it would have been really bad, Lily laughs.
Lily’s granddaughter Celine can tell about a close relationship with her grandmother.
– We like to go out together. It is very convenient! We’ve been eating together since I was little. We often went shopping together, and ended up at Theatrecaféen. It was our liking, you smile.
Lily laughs and remembers:
Celine is just as interested in clothes as I am. She was like a “cheater” out of my nose, always making a mess in my makeup drawer and my clothes.
– And when I was visiting, we had a “fashion show,” Celine recalls.
The main role in “Sister Act” was played by Anna-Lisa Kumoji (32), known from the Melodi Grand Prix, “Stjernekamp” and such musicals as “The Book of Mormon” and “Flashdance”. With her Mia Gundersen herself (60) in the abbey role in the abbey.
Anna Lisa says the role of nightclub singer Delores van Cartier is the biggest she’s seen in her budding career.
– It’s my dream role – since the ’90s! I never had such a big role before, so here I can show everything I can do in acting, singing and dancing. Emotional Anna-Lisa tells Se og Hør that it feels like a victory.
I feel like I saw Deloris in the play, and I’m humbled and grateful that the producers believed in me.
No to celibacy
Mia Gundersen brags about her “nun companion”:
– It was interesting to play in contrast to Anna-Lisa, or “Deloris”, smiling Mia, who could not imagine a life of celibacy, as her character does. But she respects that others have a different point of view:
I have great respect for whoever chooses to become a nun, because it is a profound vocation. They sacrifice a lot. But I personally really want to experience life, and not just the spiritual side. You must live life! As a spiritual person, I understand that there is something “more,” and I can understand some women’s desire to become a nun – that is, they feel a calling. What I don’t understand is that they give up so much of life itself. I myself cannot live without men. It would have been awful!
Read also: – He might have been captured by everyone
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”