Tom Stræte Lagergren, better known as Matoma, is engaged to his girlfriend, Maren Gjertsen.
The music producer shares the happy news on Instagram.
– A very special birthday on a snowy winter day and the takeover of our new apartment. Yes to life with you forever, he writes.
Engagement on the day of acquisition
Gertsen tells Good Evening Norway that the proposal took place on the balcony of the couple’s new apartment.
– Before we went into the apartment, I noticed that Tom was looking around a bit and suddenly he had to change his jacket before we left. She’s a bit baffled by why he had to change his jacket, she explains, and continues:
– When we were in the apartment for a while, Tom mentioned that we would go out onto the balcony to look at the view. What’s a bit funny is that there was no visibility and a lot of fog.
burst into tears of joy
Moreover, Gertsen says she was beginning to suspect something.
– Hold on to me, Tom. Here I started to suspect something, so I just stood there and let him say what it was. He clearly had something on his mind.
She says her boyfriend took his time with his words.
– He says in a slightly trembling voice that this day’s chance comes only once, and that he would like to share the rest of his life with me. Then he got down on one knee and asked if I wanted to share the rest of my life with him.
Gertsen says she burst into tears of joy.
– It’s like a new level of so much love and trust, which I’ve never experienced before, despite the fact that I’m lucky enough to be loved by Tom every single day.
Recognized Music Producer
Matuma made her big breakthrough with the song “Old Things Back,” and has performed at Coachella and Tomorrowland, among others.
Along with Espen Lind (51), Inna Roldsen (38) and Youssef Woldemariam (44), Matumaa formed the guide quartet in the last two seasons of The Voice on TV 2. It was announced this summer that he was leaving the show. .
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”