Emergency services were notified of the fire at 01.46pm on the eve of Christmas Day. Lithium batteries burned in the warehouse of electric scooter company Ryde in Nygårdsgaten.
The warehouse is located in the basement of the five-story building, and there are apartments on the upper floors.
– There was open flames and a lot of smoke in that place. John Ow Hoga, duty commander at 110 Switchford West, says the fire service made a life-saving effort to evacuate people from the building.
Four people were evacuated, but no one was injured.
Police created a 50-meter security zone around the building. At 02.09 the smoke divers entered the warehouse. The fire was extinguished at 03.15 p.m.
The fire brigade said it burned 20 lithium batteries.
– A pressure builds up in these batteries. It makes sparks explode like a New Year’s rocket, says Guard Commander Haga.
The fire caused damage to the girder in the building, which should be further investigated. So the police have enforced a 24-hour traffic ban at that address.
This is the second fire on Wright’s campus in four days. On Christmas Eve, lithium batteries also caught fire. The light train stopped and a large-scale evacuation began, including the Chaats Fitness Center located in the same building.
Said the neighbors They were waiting for something like this to happen.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”