New Norwegian registration The big movie “Solis” is underwaystarring Simon Johnson Berger, Otto Walgren and Alexandra Gerbin in the main roles.
Directed by Nils Job, the film revolves around the history of the mining town Solitgilma, where workers struggle under difficult conditions and rebel against the mining company.
The historical film is now getting international attention, among others American Variety Magazine.
– The course of events is wonderful
Swedish actor Simon J. Berger says he thinks it’s interesting that the film garners international attention.
It’s fun, of course, says Berger for Good night Norway about the Variety article.
Berger is best known for his role as “Adam Phil” in the NRK drama series “Exit”. This time he will appear in the role of the antagonist in the historical film.
– The course of events and its pictures are wonderful. They will be very beautiful photos, because they appear in very dramatic environments. He says both mountains and mines.
The actor explains that it was filmed in several different places, including deep in the mines. He describes it as a unique feeling.
– It’s a special atmosphere when you’re inside Mt. It is a strong environment.
Twelve years of planning
Created by director and journalist Thomas Evin, the idea for “Solis” was planned for over a dozen years before filming began. Since Evjen’s death in 2012, the producer has passed away Tom Vidar Carlsen helped realize the idea.
Director Nils Job says it’s good to work on the recording.
It feels so good to finally be allowed to imagine it. For me, history is of great importance. My father worked in a mine, and I was involved as a boy. This is something I know something about and care about, Job told Good night Norway.
– What does it mean to you that this story was told?
There are so many people in power in the world who make decisions on behalf of ordinary people, which have dire consequences for us and we don’t have much to say. The movie is pretty much about it: You can actually say that you want to have a say in the team, says the director.
Then he said scoring has been difficult so far.
– It was a war from the beginning, because we work north in a mine and out in nature. So it was terribly cold and hard. The director says it has become a reality for the entire crew and cast.
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”