Party pictures from last Saturday’s Trondheim, Oslo and Kronfest rallies across the country first created surprise and then disappointment, as well as a strong commitment among many residents in border municipalities towards Sweden.
Because there were so many on the 1,630-kilometer border with Sweden, the impression arose that they had not been invited to Norway’s re-opening party after the outbreak.
Getting back home by car from Sweden to Norway is even more complicated. Reopen at 16.00 on Saturday and no champagne corks.
On Tuesday, federal health officials invited all border municipalities to a committee meeting on border control. And in a few days Sweden – Norway car may have “normal” conditions, the opposite way Norway – Sweden.
– All municipalities are required to place signs at each Norwegian border crossing with a guide to the nearest checkpoint for Govt-19. Here with us, there are signs and ambitions for a reopening on Saturday, however I dare not promise anything, says Mayor Bente Estil in the town of Trentolac.
According to Tronder-Avisa Law Federal authorities have set a clear target that closed border crossings from Sweden will reopen from Wednesday, October 6th.
In total, there are about 60 border crossings from Sweden to Norway.
The challenge now is to get rid of the symptoms quickly.
– We hope it’s Saturday. One of the identity makers we contacted called back after the meeting when I was talking to you. The state administrator in Trøndelag has been very involved with us in this case with the border municipalities. Mayor Pente Estil says we will meet on Wednesday morning about the signature issue.
Lierne, Rørvik, Verdal, Meråker and Røros are Trondhelag municipalities bordering Sweden.
– Will there be a Swedish Page Harry trade from Lear now?
– No, it’s not important in the border communities of Learne or any other municipality I know of. It is about family, social and practical life across borders. Now, for example, there are many football teams and young people who have not returned to normal daily life, explains Lear Meyer.
30 to 230 km
There are six roads from Lear to Sweden. But back home, everyone had to drive through the border station Murrumon. It is closed from 6 p.m. Next chance to cross the border at 6am the next day.
Mayor Pente Estil cites an example from his neighborhood:
– Short way to visit family on Swedish side. 30 kilometers. But now the road back home via Murrumon is rough. 230 km. And it was closed from the 18th.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”