Ukrainian forces depend on Western support in the form of military equipment and weapons. So they can withstand Russian attacks, says Defense Minister Björn Arild Gram.
Norway confirms that it has submitted artillery weapons With equipment, spare parts, as well as ammunition for Ukraine
In February, the government decided to donate up to 2,000 M72 anti-tank weapons to the war in Ukraine. The M109 vehicles are an extension of the country’s weapons support.
The development of the war in Ukraine indicates that it is now necessary to donate heavy materials and weapons systems as well, according to Gram.
– This is an important contribution. He says it is in high demand by Ukraine.
For security reasons, the ministry has not commented on the contribution so far.
This confirmation comes after Ukraine’s Defense Chief Valery Zalogny thanked Norway in one Facebook posts Saturday night.
– I am grateful to the Norwegian people, as he wrote in the post. He thanked for the delivery of M109 artillery from Norway.
The defense chief also wrote that weapons from Norway are already in use.
– They’re already in the front line. They hit the targets with high accuracy and destroy the enemy.
Already in May, the US Secretary of Defense thanked Norway for its decision to support Ukraine with artillery. Only now the Norwegian Ministry of Defense confirms that it sent such weapons.
– The ministry said the armed forces have just replaced the M109 artillery with new ones from South Korea
Norway still has the M109 in stock. About 20 of these were donated to Ukraine.
Norway also contributed to the Ukrainian forces having the competence to operate weapons. This training was conducted in Germany.
Norwegian M109 vehicles have tubes of 39 caliber. They can hit targets at a distance of 30 kilometers.
Russia claims the carriage has gone out
At a press conference on Tuesday evening, the Russian Defense Ministry claimed that the M109, an A3 type, had been crashed by Russian fire. This will be one of the wagons that Norway will deliver. The press conference is reproduced in Ministry website.
– We can’t say anything concrete about it. We have to calculate, in general, that material sent in combat situations can be hit by the other side, of course, Gramm told NRK Tuesday night.
The video footage of the skirmishes is also top notch Locations For the Russian army channel Zvezda.
“Coffee trailblazer. Certified pop culture lover. Infuriatingly humble gamer.”
SAS follows the blacklist of Ukraine – removes all products from Freia – E24
Anders Fogh Rasmussen – tracking NATO soldiers in Ukraine
Sydney Sweeney on the nude scenes: – He’s not my dad anymore