No one could match all the numbers in Friday’s Eurojackpot draw. This increases the first prize pot by approx. NOK 484 million before Tuesday’s draw, reports Norsk Tipping. The second prize was shared between Swedish and Slovenian players, who each won more than NOK 9.6 million.
But the 30-year-old from Tromsø also got out of the draw well. He was drawn as the winner of the NOK 1 million national extra prize.
Norsk Tipping could not get hold of the man on Friday evening, but he answered the phone on Sunday.
The 30-year-old was traveling in a car with his family on Friday evening on their way to his mother’s house. At first he thought the calls from Hamar must be from a telemarketer.
When it came from Norsk Tipping, it hit him:
– Damn, now I won …
Norsk Tipping said in a press release on Sunday.
He then entered the Norsk tipping app and confirmed it. The recent Eurojackpot billionaire happily explained how he suddenly won NOK 1 million when Norsk Tipping spoke to him on Sunday.
– It’s incredibly funny, but it doesn’t work well for me, laughs Drumsoevering’s drummer and continues:
– I sat next to the old lady, gave her the mobile phone and went to drink myself a beer. “Are you playing?” she exclaimed.
The man already had his plans ready.
– After prioritizing the kids and the house in recent years, I finally get the motorcycle I wanted. Then there’s the mortgage repayments.
When asked if his new billionaire status is a secret, he laughs:
– I couldn’t keep my mouth shut about it. I was a little older and told most of the people close to me, and then my mom had to tell all her friends.
– People understand that this is an amount that helps me and the family, says the 30-year-old.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”