– Today I am sad, frustrated, and anxious, says Christine Moskvil Thorsen at Church City Mission.
You may have seen him.
Every day for ten hours, Valerie Jalar stands outside the gallery of the shopping center in the center of Bergen with a cup in her hand.
In rain, snow and sunlight.
For years, he and many poor visitors have been given a warm bed to sleep in the Church Mission City emergency room. For that they paid 15 kroner a night.
This offer is currently closed at Hollendergaten. Tonight is the last night that poor visitors can sleep there.
– I’m worried about my medication. Valerie asks where I should keep them and if I should sleep outside.
A roof over your head
On Wednesday, May 31, the lease of the Church City Mission with the Norwegian YWCA-YMCA expired.
They themselves will use the campus for the work of the youth.
Over the years, efforts have been made to find a new suitable location, says department head Christine Moskvil Thorsen.
– Today I am sad, frustrated and anxious. I worry about these people I have known for years, says Thorsen.
When BT comes to visit Tuesday night, the mood is marked by frustration.
Suggestions are mentioned for everything from vacant buildings to boats.
– Until there is a roof over our heads tomorrow. Anything so we are not wet. At least we get it. Illian Phillip says he hopes the police will show understanding.
Not more than that
The offer at Hollendergaten is targeted at poor visitors from the EEA.
Most are from Romania, but also from other EEA countries.
– Where am I going to sleep tomorrow? I know nothing. There may be a parking garage, says Aral Eptimi.
Kristine Moskvil Thorsen says they are still trying to find a solution.
– We do everything we can to address these people. He says it would be incredibly sad if it was not resolved in some way.
He says no solution has been reached and talks are underway with the municipality.
Romans in Bergen: – If it closes here, we will have to sleep on the street
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”
Problems with exchanging Norwegian notes abroad – E24
Such is the weather this summer
Teen gets 16 points on his driver’s license – NRK Westfold and Telemark – Local News, TV and Radio