During a service at Skin Church on the first day of Easter, a group of activists entered the church room unannounced.
With red-clad and some dead animals, climate activists disrupted the service. They protested against the natural disaster.
Many in the church were upset.
– Police have opened a case and we will investigate whether it is affected by the rules of penal law and disorderly conduct, ”said Christine Hartweed, a police attorney in the Southeast Police District, who told ERX Road NRK.
The police prosecutor says they will also find out if the activists have violated the law by showing ruthless behavior.
– But we must first investigate the case. Let us now examine the witnesses.
The police left the scare of many people in the church.
The pastor of the church did not report
This has been confirmed by the pastor of the church.
– We at Skine Church completely abstain from the form of action that was used to promote the commitment to environmental protection and was expelled from Skine Church on Easter Day. Stein Gunnersen in a statement to the NRK.
According to the church pastor, several people were in the church room, including four baptized children and their families.
– We take this intervention in worship seriously. For our part, however, it is not appropriate to pursue the case in the form of a formal police report without paying much attention to this action group, Gunnerson writes.
But now the police have chosen on an independent basis to investigate the case further.
– Fines are appropriate in cases like this, but we should definitely approach this once the investigation is over, says police lawyer Christine Hartweed Eriksrod.
He has to answer for himself
Thomas Sigurdsen himself took part in the perishing uprising. He said Wednesday that police were aware of the move.
– To me, this sounds like the answer to media hysteria. Very few have claimed to have been intimidated. We experience that it is not true. Our video recordings show that most people are quiet.
– What are you doing now?
– We need to answer as many questions as we can. We stand for what we have done, says Sigurdsson.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”