Erling Braut Haaland was mentioned again in the rumor columns on Monday.
On Sunday, German newspaper Bild published an interview with Borussia Dortmund director Hans-Joachim Watzke, in which he confirmed Real Madrid’s interest in Erling Braut Haaland. The Spanish newspaper Fichajes now writes that Los Blancos has a dream of collecting the two largest offensive weapons in the world next season, in Halland and Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe. The 22-year-old French player is on an expired contract in Paris, and in a few days he can start discussing the future with other clubs. However, reports indicate that PSG has not abandoned Mbappe’s resignation, but it was long-scheduled that he would leave the French capital club.
Bernardo Silva has been a very important part of Manchester City this season, and according to The Sun he will be rewarded with a new contract soon. The Portuguese has been praised for his accomplishments in recent weeks, and the newspaper claims he will double his current salary for the Premier League champions.
Another still impressing in the Premier League is veteran Fernandinho. Many have stated that this year’s season will likely be his last at Manchester City, but it may now appear that the Brazilian will be staying at the Etihad Stadium for much longer. Atletico Mineiro should have hoped to sign the 36-year-old, but that hope will come near the end, according to Sport Witness.
We go on a trip to Italy and Serie A, because there is a Serbian shooting star who does his things very well. Dusan Vlahovic became a household name after last year’s season, but the 21-year-old has almost taken his foot off the gas pedal this season. Vlahovic stands with 16 goals and two assists in his first 18 league games, which means many of Europe’s top clubs have opened their eyes to the dangerous striker. Manchester City, Arsenal and Newcastle are all said to have been involved in the match, and interest likely won’t increase now that Fabrizio Romano has reported that the Serb has turned down Fiorentina’s latest contract offer.
Little of Newcastle is in place, with the club desperately searching for reinforcements. First Mail reports that Atletico Madrid are preparing for a future without Kieran Trippier, but will only look to sell the high-back if they find a replacement for the 31-year-old. Newcastle has been mentioned as a possible destination for the England international. At the same time, The Mirror wrote that Barcelona should have tired of Philippe Coutinho’s achievements in Spain, and introduced the 29-year-old to both Tottenham and Newcastle in the next window. In the end, Newcastle could be a solution to the somewhat difficult situation of France’s Lucas Digne, who has come to the brink with Everton boss Rafael Benitez. The 28-year-old is totally out of the cold, and now CaughtOffside writes that Newcastle will try to save the back from the misery of Liverpool FC.
Matjes de Ligt is still a young footballer, despite his long experience in European football. The 22-year-old has had an unequal stay at Italy’s Juventus, but the player’s agent Mino Raiola says, according to Calciomercato, the Dutchman is ready to take on new challenges. The midfielder has played 14 Serie A games for Juventus this season, of which his first half has been poor.
In the transfer window this summer, Chelsea signed Spanish midfielder Saul Niguez on loan from Atletico Madrid. It was a successful stay, and there are many indications that the London club will send the Spaniard to Madrid in the next window. This means that the midfield position will open in Thomas Tuchel’s squad, and TodoFichajes claim it will be filled with Wolverhampton’s Ruben Neves. The 24-year-old has been an important part of Wolverhampton in recent seasons and has been linked on several occasions to the biggest clubs in the Premier League.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”