Police, the Red Cross and Norwegian rescue dogs are searching for a missing man in Arendal.
– Now we are going to start a search with dog patrol, drone and boats in the area around Makarand and towards where he lives, ie approx. 3 kilometers outside the city center, incident leader Anders Haride Holt told NRK from the police.
On Sunday afternoon, police said they received a formal report of a 23-year-old man missing on Saturday evening. They first received a report of concern around 9 p.m.
At the same time, an investigation has also been launched, as the police have called a rescue operation.
– Do you have reason to believe that you will find him alive?
– Yes, that’s what we expect and that’s what we’re working on right now.
No sign of criminal activity
The operations manager of the police, Aivind Farmo, tells NRK that there is no indication of any crime. He adds that police are keeping all options open until they know what happened.
– Eventually, we’re approaching 50 people, and some more will come in the evening, says Holt, the mission leader.
– Why are you taking this situation so seriously and stopping so many people?
– Based on the information we received, he has not made any sound since Saturday night. Then there’s a person who needs help, Holt says, to see if they can be found.
Last time I saw it was Saturday night
The man was about 180 centimeters tall, with dark hair and was wearing a white and red jumper with black trousers.
He was last seen around 02:15 pm on Saturday. He was then caught on a surveillance camera at a kiosk in Arendal.
– Holt says we have no reliable footage of him after that.
Madame Rierson has also visited a night club in the city.
The man was reported missing after he did not show up for an appointment on Saturday morning.
Police are appealing for members of the public with information on the case to contact them on 02800.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”