– We are waiting for an explanation from the club, Horst Kleitech tells Dagbladet.
German lawyer Ron Garstein is represented in the lawsuit against former employer Hertha Berlin. Last week he appeared before a court in Berlin to try to reach an agreement with her The club that terminated his contract.
Garstein himself was not there. Kletke explains absence as:
– In Germany, it is not customary for a client to appear at a hearing. There, the judge is supposed to try to suggest a solution, so that one avoids more rounds in court, says your college, who has worked in sports law for more than 30 years.
Responds to club behavior
to me TV 2 Hertha’s lawyer Johann Michael Menke cited an “inappropriate choice of words” as the reason for Garsten’s dismissal.
When news of Garsten’s suspension by the club first surfaced, several German media reported that the cause was an argument between him and the club’s goalkeeper coach Andreas Menger. Kicker claimed the 38-year-old has been critical of the way things are communicated.
When his college appeared in court on Wednesday last week, he hoped Hertha would provide a good explanation for why his contract with the national team goalkeeper had been terminated. The lawyer believes that the explanation he received was not sufficient.
– It’s very frustrating. According to German law, if someone terminates the contract, the reason must be given in writing. I asked for an explanation, but they had no explanation, he said.
How does Ron deal with this situation?
– He’s not feeling well. His plan was always to continue for a few more years at Hertha. He has been at the club for over eight years and has never had any problems with the club. He really doesn’t understand why they treat him this way.
Dagbladet did not succeed in communicating with Hertha Berlin. After the hearing last week, Hertha’s lawyer told the Berliner Morgenpost the following:
Johann-Michel Minke added: – I can say that there is an overall picture here that needs to be well prepared Newspaper.
Explain the reason for the silence
Garstein himself has not yet commented in the media on the lawsuit against the club. Your kidney says there is an obvious reason for this.
– As we can see, his contract does not expire until June 30, 2023. So he must comply with what is written in it, and therefore I gave him a clear notice that he should avoid speaking to the press, he said.
– What will happen next?
– Now we have to wait until mid-December, so we can hear the arguments made by Herta about why Ron’s contract was terminated. Then we’ll have six weeks to answer it.
After 20 minutes in the district court in Berlin, the judge decided that it was best for Freddy Bobok Jaersten and the sporting director of Hertha Berlin to meet in court. On March 2, they are scheduled to meet in court to try to find a solution.
– As now, Ron will appear in court at the beginning of March, the attorney concludes.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”