Wayne Rooney testified on Tuesday in the so-called “Wagatha Christie” case, where the court will decide on Rebecca Vardy’s lawsuit against Colin Rooney.
The two women footballers have been in conflict since Colin Rooney Rebecca Vardy accused To leak stories to The Sun.
Wayne Rooney’s wife suspected that Jamie Vardy’s wife was the source of several press releases and left her a trap on Instagram, by posting several fake stories that were only visible to Rebecca Vardy. That’s at least Colin Rooney’s claim – and that claim is central to the ongoing trial.
Ask to speak to Vardy
Tuesday was Wayne Rooney’s turn to testify.
He said, among other things, that the England manager and assistant manager had asked him to speak to Jamie Vardy about his wife, Rebecca. The national team management wanted Rooney, as captain of the team, to ask Vardy to “ask his wife to calm down and not bring up unnecessary and unsportsmanlike matters.”
Hugh Tomlinson, Rebecca Vardy’s attorney, then noted that Vardy wasn’t quite dancing around the tables and asked him to clarify the claim that she should calm down.
– There was a lot of negativity in the media that the players and the coach of the national team didn’t want, so he asked me if I could talk to Jimmy and I did. “I think there were several issues with Rebecca that the team leaders have asked me to talk about with Jimmy,” Rooney replied. Sky News.
– He added that it was of course uncomfortable for me.
won’t get involved
Tomlinson then suggested that Rooney never had such a conversation with Jamie Vardy.
– I’m sitting here under oath, I spoke 100 per cent to Mr. Vardy about the situation. His decision was whether he wanted to pass it on to his wife.
Court breaks for lunch until 14:00.
We have just received copies of fake Instagram posts produced by Colin Rooney as part of ‘Operation Sting’ that only Rebekah Vardy’s account has allegedly seen. pic.twitter.com/lM36rXBj95
– News Desk (TheNewsDesk) May 17 2022
Rooney was also asked about his relationship with The Sun.
On a personal level, I have never spoken to reporters from The Sun, he said.
Rooney later said that he is not interested in social media and does not want to be involved. According to Rooney, he only spoke to Colin about the Instagram leaks in 2017 and then again in 2019.
He added that he was unaware of his wife’s “investigation” prior to Colin Rooney’s publication of the accusation against Rebecca Vardy.
Then Hugh Tomlinson asked Rooney why he hadn’t contacted Jamie Vardy about the situation.
Jimmy was a teammate of the national team. He’s not someone I’ve been particularly good friends with outside of football. “I didn’t think it was up to me,” Rooney replied.
Shock to my wife
In the final hearing before the court took a lunch break, it was Colin Rooney’s attorney, David Sherburne, who questioned Wayne Rooney.
He asked the football dossier to deepen the conversation with Jamie Vardy, which Rooney did.
– I guess no one wants to be in court. For me and my wife… we don’t want to be in court. I’ve seen my wife really struggle with whatever has been going on for 2-2.5 years. I became another mother, another wife. It was very painful for my wife, Ronnie said.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”