New York/Oslo (VG) Russia has vetoed the United Nations Security Council and denies that the country is bombing Ukrainian cities.
The UN Security Council has worked hard for this decision formulation They distance themselves and condemn the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
The Security Council on Friday voted in favor of the resolution, but it was blocked because Russia exercised its veto. Three countries abstained, including China.
The Security Council session is held at the same time as Ukrainian forces took a defensive position in the center The capital is Kiev.
– Tonight they will storm Kiev. We must all understand what lies ahead. “Tonight we have to persevere,” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in a Facebook video late Friday night.
Ruslad does not claim to be bombing Ukraine
Russia’s envoy to the United Nations and current head of the Security Council, Vasily Nebenzia, described the resolution as “anti-Russian.” Thanks members who did not support the resolution.
– Russia does not bomb Ukrainian cities, he claimed.
Several explosions were seen on Friday night over the Ukrainian capital, Kiev:
Ukraine’s envoy to the United Nations, Sergei Kisletsya, also spoke. He folded his hands and asked everyone in the room a minute of silence to pray for those who had lost their lives in the war.
He was interrupted by the Russian President of the Security Council, Vasily Nebenzia, who is also the President of the Security Council. We must also pray for all the others who lost their lives, Nebenzia added.
In the end, it was calm, Kyslytsya thanked everyone in the hall, and applause erupted.
Watch the clip here:
Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba described the night before Friday Twitter Attacks on the capital as “horrific”.
Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko signs Twitter Three people were injured after Russian missiles hit an apartment block:
Going out against Russia
– We are open to negotiations. We’ve been ready for that the whole time. But don’t put words in our mouths. We are tired of being manipulated. Speaking for their own good, not ours, said Kyslytsya.
– Your president today asked that the Ukrainian army turn against our president. are you crazy? Show respect for the basic principles of the United Nations Charter.
– In my opening speech, I spoke of the UN ambassadors and that the parents are proud of them, as well as the children of the UN ambassadors, Kisletsya said before addressing the Russian representative again directly:
It pains me to think about what your family thinks of you when you lie here every day.
Nebenzia said he could have commented on a lot, but declined to do so.
Here is a VG reporter beating live in Kiev:
A video clip shows heavy fighting outside Kiev on Thursday:
“Coffee trailblazer. Certified pop culture lover. Infuriatingly humble gamer.”