– We are all very sad, says the Director of Service in Russia, Urmas Valbe.
He was clearly marked and battling tears in a meeting with NRK.
On Wednesday, NRK reported that the Russian Butter trailer was parked in Holmenkollen, Ukrainian flags and emblems were placed on it.
So parts of the Russian cross-country team had to spend the morning washing the trailer. One of them was Estonian Välbe, who works in the service team of the Russian national team.
The Russian Lubricant Team now confirms to NRK that they have reported the vandalism to the police.
– how do you feel today?
Not so good, says Valbe, who takes long breaks to recover between answers.
– How did you react to the sabotage?
– People can do whatever they like. There are different people everywhere, that’s okay.
The director of the service describes the depressed mood of the Russian tenant that the national team was first banned from competitions in Norway, before the International Skating Federation banned it from participating in future international competitions.
– We knew it could happen. I’m sorry on behalf of the practitioners. I’m an old man, I can go home. But the young athletes are going home, not allowed to compete, and maybe not next year either. This is madness. Valbe says this is a very bad situation.
Receives support from Norwegian athletes
Canada coach Eric de Ness told NRK that the butter trailer looked completely fine when they left the area on Tuesday night.
– Now in the meantime it is marked. I understand why.
There is more sympathy to be found in many of Norway’s winter sports profiles. Mathematicians Terrell Eckhoff and Ingrid Landmark Tandrivold sympathize with Russian mathematicians.
– I think it’s sad. This in a way is the position of the top team. I have nothing against Russian practitioners. That’s what makes him a sick idiot, Eckhoff tells NRK, and becomes so childish.
Her colleague also reacts aggressively to the provocation and vandalism of the Russian Butter trailer.
I think it’s reprehensible for someone to think that it’s a good idea. It helps in this war ie. Again, feel free to call me naive, but I think this is Putin’s war. I don’t think it’s about the Russian athletes’ war or the cross-country skaters’ war or their desire, Tandrivold tells NRK.
Biathlon profiles are supported by British cross country skier Andrew Musgrave.
– I support the imposition of sanctions on Russia as a state, including exclusion from sports. However, I have some sympathy for the athletes in the Russian team. Many of them expressed their opposition to the war in Ukraine.
Musgrave points out that practitioners know nothing of their place of birth.
Even practitioners who chose silence deserve to be treated with respect.
Alexander Stockl expressed his comments to NRK on Tuesday His dissatisfaction with the threatening messages received by Russian practitioners recently called the trend “terrible”.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”