Betostolen (Netavisne): While the world’s elite gather for the World Cup in Betostolen, the Russians have yet to stick to local skiing. And in Russian pitfalls so far this winter there is only one name written in block letters: Savelj Korostelev.
storavicin championship He writes that the 19-year-old did so well that he angered Alexander Bolshunov (25) himself.
Bolshunov, accustomed to winning with what he stands for, writes that he has been emphatically put in place on several occasions, and where he usually stands happily for the media, Newspaper that Bolshunov had recently been rushing through the press area, visibly upset.
Korostelev himself is not going to take off, although he beat Bolshunov three times this winter.
– I must first win an Olympic medal, he answered when asked if it was now the Russian athlete that the world should pay attention to.
I had an internship with Ustyugov
One person who has seen Korostelev up close is Markus Cramer. The former Russia coach is now with Italy and told Nettavisen that he noticed the 19-year-old early on.
Korostelev’s father was Sergei Ustyugov’s oiler when Kramer was in charge of coaching the great sprinter, and allowed the promising young Korostelev to participate in some gatherings with the Kramer boys.
– I know him well. He is the son of Natalya Korostelgeva (former national team runner, magazine. Note). Three or four years ago he attended two meetings with my group.
– I saw-oh-that boy. He was 16 years old. Maybe 17. It was too good. He was very strong for his age. It was a good move, Kramer tells Netavien.
Comes with a Klæbo warning
Last season, Korostelev became the junior world champion in Legna, and Kramer especially noted that the 19-year-old has now advanced among the seniors in a good way.
– He’s a huge talent. Not many athletes go from beginner to senior level so quickly. It’s always a question. Maybe it’s good a little too soon? at a rather young age. Maybe I do not know. But, again. He was with us for two or three weeks and I had to see him a lot. It was easy to see that he was incredibly talented and amazing. He might be as big a talent as Bolshunov, says German Kramer, before issuing a warning to Johannes Høsflot Klæbo:
– He must remember that name! I am sure he will have a great future.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”