The modern hotel has a brick and tiled facade and a Nordic-inspired interior. Scandic München Macherei will be a meeting place for visitors from all over the world.
– Die Macherei is a zone for active and influential people, a creative space where ideas are brought to life. Munich is also an important strategic location for us, so it is with great excitement that we open our first hotel in the city. We are continuing our growth strategy by expanding our business to include Germany’s largest city, and Scandic Munich-Machere complements our German portfolio at a time when both leisure and business travelers have returned to our hotels, says Michael Schutzbach, European Director of Scandic Hotels.
The hotel offers large, airy lounges and spacious lobby work areas. The traditional conference rooms have been replaced by two private rooms ideal for short meetings.
The hotel’s restaurant Zieglerei, in its international and Scandinavian-Bavarian style, will be a modern meeting place for both hotel guests and local residents.
I very much look forward to introducing a new kind of hotel experience. We have placed great emphasis on creating a sense of community here at Scandic München Macherei, and in addition to the elegant and comfortable hotel rooms, we offer spacious lounge areas for relaxation, lobby work and social gatherings. For special occasions, we also have a wonderful seasonal roof terrace overlooking the Alps. Now we look forward to welcoming our guests to a wonderful hotel experience,” says Director Karina Antik.
The hotel building will be certified with LEED environmental certification, which stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. According to the standards of the international sustainability system, the building must achieve a gold standard.
The system assesses many important aspects within sustainability, including biodiversity, water consumption, energy efficiency, resource use, indoor environment and more.
As in all Scandic hotels, sustainability is an important part of Scandic Munich Matchere. The hotel is also aiming for certification in line with the strict new Nordic Ecolabel standards when launching the eco-label in Germany in the future.
Eco-labeled products and chemicals, 100 percent renewable energy, absence of single-use items, low water consumption, eco-friendly food options and a focus on reducing food waste are some of the things that need to be done to meet Nordic Ecolabel’s requirements. Public transportation is a short walk from the hotel, and there are charging stations for electric cars in the underground garage.
Scandic München Macherei is Scandic’s fifth hotel in Germany and the ninth hotel the company will open in 2022. With the new hotel, Scandic is strengthening its presence in the German hotel market, and now operates a total of 1,645 rooms in the country.
Facts about Scandic Munich Macherie:
- Room: 234
- Room Availability: 23
- Seats in the Zieglerei Restaurant: 152
- Private meeting rooms: 2, capacity for 20 people
- pressure zones
- training room
- Interior Engineer: Concept
- Architect: HWKN New York
- Farm owner: Bayerische Versorgungskammer / Universal Investments
- Contractor: Art Invest / Accumulata
- Establishment year: 2019-2022
- Environmental certification: Leed Gold (ongoing), Nordic Ecolabel (in preparation for certification
“Explorer. Unapologetic entrepreneur. Alcohol fanatic. Certified writer. Wannabe tv evangelist. Twitter fanatic. Student. Web scholar. Travel buff.”