Shania Twain (57) He raged in the ’90s with hits like “That Don’t Impress Me Much” and “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!”.
The aforementioned songs may still be her best-known, but the country legend certainly hasn’t shelved her cowboy boots.
This fall I came out with new music for the first time in over five years.
On that occasion, a scantily clad Twain graced the cover, Without anything in the upper bodyand wears tall boots and a cowboy hat.
to me People The 57-year-old explains that she feels comfortable in her own body, and that she expresses her confidence through scantily clad photos.
No need to hide behind clothes
– I’m a woman in my late fifties, and I don’t need to hide behind clothes. I can’t tell you how amazing it feels to be photographed naked.
However, this isn’t the first time the artist has thrown off his clothes. When she debuted with the single “What Made You Say That” in 1993, she ditched her bra in the music video.
– but I was a little tighter after that. Then, as I got older, I started to feel a different kind of pressure: “Your breasts aren’t as firm as they used to be, your skin isn’t as tight. Maybe you should dress a little more.”
But the star did not find herself in this, she resisted the pressure and continued to flaunt her body.
However, Twain wasn’t always comfortable without clothes. As a teenager, she was ashamed of her body, and says that it was her father who often shamed her.
– It was almost inappropriate to wear shorts or not cover them up completely.
Today, Twain can say she feels more comfortable with her body than ever before.
honest about the disease
The new song comes after Twain released the documentary “Not Just A Girl” on Netflix earlier this year. There, she opened up, among other things Lyme disease diagnosis.
– Before I was diagnosed, I was very dizzy on stage. I was about to lose my balance, I was afraid of falling off the stage, says the artist in the documentary.
– I experienced blackouts in a very, very, very large millisecond, but quite regularly, every minute or every 30 seconds, as she explains.
Lyme disease is transmitted by tick bites. The disease can become serious, but most people recover completely with treatment, according to him Health Care.
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”