On Wednesday night, Dag-Elif Vagermos Valerenga was knocked out of the cup, while the team in Eletserin fell to 14th. The team is now standing by with a poor win in its last seven games. This came against third-tier team Promundal in the cup.
This victory does not count. This is not a large local club, but one of the largest in Norway. We have to go back to Sandefjord and on May 8th to find the previous victory, Christian Joseth told Dagbladet.
At Eliteserien, Vålerenga fights at the bottom of the table and has played seven matches without getting three points.
– I think they turn it around, but they can obviously move down. There is no better team than to be relegated. I don’t agree that there would be any victory if they could free up space. They create expectations for themselves and believe they are much better than they are. Joseth thinks what they have achieved is a big ban.
– Should be fired
Poor results mean the Oslo club slips just four points to 15th, giving a direct relegation. In the next round, there will be a bottom match against Kristiansund, which will be the end of the Elite Series.
– If they do not defeat Kristiansund, Fagermo should be fired. They’ve come up with enough excuses now. Yesterday he claimed that they made a good game, against Odd the opponent had a good goalkeeper and previously they were unlucky. Just stop making excuses, says Joseth.
Do you think he was expelled from another club?
– yes. Given the budget and expectations they set themselves, I think most clubs would have taken it into account after these results. Before the season, Vålerenga stated that it had to be a great team, but what they put in was absolutely terrible. Dag-Eilev Fagermo is responsible for the results. Gausth replied: I think it’s safe, but I think he shouldn’t.
Discovery expert Jonas Grønner also believes that the results were very poor, but at the same time believes that Fagermo can change them.
The series of matches speaks for itself. However, Fagermo has shown for many years that he is a good coach. In 2020, he led Vålerenga to third place in the Elite Series. Now he needs the support and trust of the group of players if it is to work. Grønner tells Dagbladet it makes sense for him to get a chance to turn that around, but I’m pretty sure Fagermo won’t get much of a chance.
Wednesday night, the Valringa Cup adventure ended after 1-0 beats Against the reigning champions Bodo / Glimt.
It’s strange to hear people say that Vålerenga did a good match. They risked almost nothing and put up a cowardly fight. Joseth says the only thing they have succeeded in is limiting defeat.
Moreover, the football expert says Dag-Eilev Fagermo’s tactical plan seemed ill-considered.
– The cup match is all about progress, and Vålerenga was relying on luck if they wanted to make it happen. If this is Fagermo’s tactic, I’m more concerned than I’ve ever been, says Gauseth and continues:
– It looked like they were betting on an honorable loss. It goes against everything that is logical and is great with football. I think the way they act is very strange.
|2. My birth||11||8||1||2||11-22||+11||25|
|3. Vikings||13||6||3||4||24 – 17||+7||21|
|4. Electricity goods||12||6||2||4||20 – 20||0||20|
|5. Bodo / Glimt||11||5||4||2||22 – 14||+8||19|
|6. Rosenberg||11||4||5||2||19 – 14||+5||17|
|7. Sarpsborg 08||11||5||1||5||24 – 15||+9||16|
|8. Alesund||12||4||4||4||14 – 17||-3||16|
|9. HamKam||11||3||6||2||17 – 14||+3||15th|
|10. Single||12||5||0||7||11 – 17||-6||15th|
|11. Football Sandefjord||10||4||1||5||16-19||-3||13|
|12. Tromsø||11||2||7||2||15 – 18||-3||13|
|13. FK Haugesund||12||3||3||6||20 – 24||-4||12|
|14. Vålerenga||12||3||2||7||12 – 22||-10||11|
|15. Jerve||10||2||1||7||5 – 19||-14||7|
|16. Kristiansund||9||0||1||8||6 – 19||-13||1|
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”