Kristiansand (DuckBladet): On a summer tour in southern Norway, Conservative Party leader Erna Solberg stops at the center of the fight to rebuild the municipality of Kristiansand and Sokne.
Before the summer vacation, Jonas Karstor had to go out here to put out a fire that had burned when he spoke to municipal politicians across the street.
The municipal board in Kristiansand rejected a referendum to dissolve the old Sokne and Sokndalen municipalities, But the government, led by Finance Minister Trigve Slacksvold Vedam, insisted.
Labor mayors across the country That’s a violation.
– Creates unrest
Solberg is now ready with scathing criticism of the government’s efforts on the issue.
– Erna Solberg tells Talkbladet that the Hurdle platform showed Samik that it should be done before the summer, so that the Storting can make a decision, so that things will be in place for the next municipal election. :
– After all these deadlines have expired suddenly they come with Kristiansand. It’s a surprising process and poorly thought out because they create unrest in the organ session for a long, long time.
Accompanying Kristiansand on the tour is Matthias Fernander, the mayoral candidate for Solberg Hoyer in the southern capital ahead of elections next autumn.
– When I heard the news, I knocked on the floor and asked that they are going to hold a referendum. It was a shock, Fernando tells Talkblade.
– The weak are the losers
Erna Solberg believes it is clear who will lose from the new division of the new big municipality.
– Losers are the most needy groups of the public.
Solberg refers to the professional reports of the combined municipalities of Ålesund and Kin, which, in his opinion, show the best offers for residents.
– They make it very clear that some vulnerable groups have better services after municipal mergers, Solberg says.
Right-wing leader Kristiansand is also worried about the municipality’s employees, who he believes will be hard-pressed if they have to go through a new round of moving municipal boundaries.
– For those working in the municipality, this is very challenging, and it affects services when people don’t know if they can plan ahead.
There is a Municipal Director in Christiansand Municipality Dagbladet previously said She had trouble sleeping at night as a result of the possibility of a split.
– I use a lot of energy and worry a little about the future, says municipal director Camilla Dunsett to Talkbladet.
Despite Erna’s ruthless ruling, he still vows that there will be no contest again if the rightists seize government offices after the coup is launched.
– No, we can’t be doing that all the time. We cannot put the same municipalities in such a situation again: now that a new government is coming in we cannot plan.
– This is a stupid thing to do by this government. Once you reorganize and once the changes and structures are democratically accepted, you have to change it, so you pull people in for a long time.
– Be respectful
The former prime minister goes to the extent of commenting that Wade and the rest of the government lack respect for citizens.
– A lot of effort has been spent in these municipalities to build good municipalities, public servants, old cultures together, and now we are going to break it again. I don’t want to be responsible for that. Respect people. People should really have respect for this.
After the government granted a special exemption to Kristiansand and set aside the municipal council’s decision, the state executive is now conducting an investigation into a possible settlement.
Kristiansand Mayor Jan Oddvar Skisland (Ap) distinguished himself as a strong opponent of dissolution. To Dagbladet, he says he is now waiting for the state administrator’s inquiry into the matter. He still hopes to avoid municipal liquidation.
Mayoral candidate Mathias Fernander says he is optimistic about the upcoming battle for the Kristiansand municipality.
– If we think a little bit about how we are going to meet this debate, our answer is to meet it with a good policy for the whole municipality, Fernando tells Dagbladet.
– We have the same answers, and in that way we enter this debate offensively, but we are shocked that the government can overwrite a decision in Kristiansand and that way.
The state executive’s report is expected to be ready in the new year. Then, according to the plan, a consultation will be held among citizens, and there may even be a referendum.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”