On Tuesday, Solbakken presented his selectors at the upcoming national team meeting next week.
The biggest surprise was the Venetian player Dennis Johnson, who did not take part in any international matches.
At the same time, the Vikings striker Phyton Berisha gets a chance:
(Johnson) showed himself in a team that wasn’t among the best. He’s been having Aaron (Donom) and he’s been having a little arrhythmia lately. Dennis won’t carry us in these matches, but we wanted to see him, Solbakken said at the press conference.
In other words, Fitton Berisha has created names like Molde striker Ohi Omoyuanfo and LSK goal machine Thomas Lynn Olsen.
Bodø/Glimt striker Erik Botheim has been removed from the U21 squad.
– We choose the one who we think can distinguish these matches. Berisha, like Ohi and Lehne Olsen, has characterized the Elite Series for a long time, says Solbakken, who highlights Berisha’s intensity and aggressiveness.
– I guess I should say quickly that he should run a little less. He is very adventurous and works so much that he can be NS Solbakken often says.
At the end of the press session, Solbakken gave another news: the national team will receive assistance from Bernardo Cueva, who is in the coaching team in Brentford on a daily basis.
Cueva will contribute to the Norwegian national team in the next two matches of the national team. The Mexican is a tactician and analyst with special knowledge of dead balls.
We’re scoring 100 per corner now, and I think that’s an obstacle. I think he can help us with that. It would be nice to take a look from the outside, Solbakken says.
– He adds that we don’t leave anything without trying now.
Rating the new goalkeeper
Hansen was Solbakken’s first choice during Rune Almenning Jarstein’s absence. The choice is now between Organ Huskgold Nieland or Peer Christian Profitete.
Sten Grytebust is also in the national team squad, and Solbakken said he’s also considering Kristiansund goalkeeper Shaun McDermott.
– It’s more open than we like. “We have to be very honest,” Solbakken says about the goalkeepers’ duel in the national team.
Neyland has 29 internationals in his belt, but at the same time he had little playing time in the club’s teams last year. This season there have been two matches for Bournemouth.
Bråtveit has only one international cap, but he is France’s Nîmes’ first choice in Ligue 2.
– Uusimaa has been the most in these positions (in the national team), but the downside is the rhythm of the fight, says Solbakken.
Combat Training Highlights
NRK expert Carl-Erik Torp believes Nyland is ahead of the waiting list since the 29-year-old escaped against Gibraltar three weeks ago.
The goalkeeper hasn’t played a game since then.
– It’s very open, you ask me. Unfortunately, that will be one of the questions before the Turkey game, says NRK expert Carl-Erik Torp.
Eric Thorstedt, a former national team goalkeeper and TV 2 expert, points out that historically it is not unusual for the national team to use unproven goalkeepers in the national team.
Thorstvedt also thinks Uusimaa is at the forefront of the waiting list, but:
– For three weeks without a fight I coped badly. If you play regularly, regardless of the level, you keep the distance assessment and real combat situations the same. I’m not going to take anyone out to Ståle, but I think Frode (Grodås, goalkeeper coach) and training will be important, says Thorstvedt.
Solbakken gives the expert the right.
– I make the decision in the end, but Grodås has to prepare a little more for this rally, says the national team manager and smiles.
Solbakken has already referred to the Turkey match as a “mini-final”.
The Turks are two points behind Norway, but they also met the Netherlands on their own and beyond.
Norway plays the Netherlands away in the final World Cup qualifier on November 16. At the same time, Turkey travels to Montenegro.
Only first place goes directly to the World Cup in 2022. Second place must go through a playoff with the group runners-up and group winners from the National League.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”