The former head of the Moscow Aviation Institute (MAI), Anatoly Gerashchenko (73), passed away on Tuesday after What the institute says is an accident.
unknown source The victory of the Russian newspaper Izvestia That Gerashchenko fell from a great height and fell several degrees. Doctors must have pronounced him dead at the scene.
A commission should be formed to investigate the death. The news of the death was widely reported in the Russian media during the past 24 hours.
tied for defense
Gerashchenko has worked at the institute since 1977, and most recently worked as an advisor to the current head of MAI.
The Russian Ministry of Defense has strong ties with the institute, which Gerashchenko headed between 2007 and 2015.
Gerashchenko was awarded a number of government awards for his work, including the Order for Merit for the Fatherland, one of the highest.
In the past year, many high-ranking Russian officials and businessmen were killed.
Gerashchenko’s death comes two weeks after the death of the CEO of the Russian Overseas Development Corporation, Ivan Pechorin, He died after falling down a flight of stairs on a boat.
At the beginning of September, the chairman of the board of directors of the largest Russian oil company also died Lukoil and Ravil Maganov, under mysterious circumstances.
According to the Russian newspaper RBC, Maganov must have fallen from the sixth floor of the Central Hospital in Moscow. He must have died instantly.
In March, Lukoil’s board of directors issued a statement calling for an end to the war in Ukraine.
“We hereby express our deep concern over the tragic events in Ukraine. We demand an end to the armed conflict in the blink of an eye and express our deepest condolences to all the victims.”
Five of the few died
In the past six months, several Russian oligarchs have been found dead under mysterious circumstances.
- The Russian millionaire was found dead at his home in St Petersburg in July of this year. And the British newspaper, “The Times”, wrote that he was found in the swimming pool and was shot in the head.
- Voronov, heads up Astra Shipping, a transport company that worked with Gazprom
- He was found dead in his garage on February 25, 2022. It is said that the cause of death was suicide, Novaya Gazeta wrote.
- He was the director of Gazprom.
- He was found dead at his home in Surrey, England. According to the Daily Mail, the 66-year-old was found by an employee. The police, according to the Guardian, stated that the death was not considered suspicious.
- He was a Russian-born Ukrainian billionaire.
- He was found dead on March 23 with his family in Nizhny Novgorod, which is east of Moscow. He, his wife and children were found stabbed. According to investigators, there were no signs of a burglary in the apartment
- Melnikov owns MedStrom, which supplies medical equipment.
He was found dead with his wife and daughter in their apartment in Moscow on April 18 this year. They were all found with gunshot wounds. According to the state news agency TASS, it is a matter of murder and suicide.
- Previously, he held the position of Vice President of Gazprombrank
- He was found dead in the garden outside the family’s vacation home in Lloret del Mar, Catalonia. The wife and daughter were found dead inside the house.
- Former Vice President and Accounting Director at Novatek
Many of the dead were found with their families. Many of them are associated with the Russian gas company Gazprom.
The ruling authorities in several cases concluded that the deaths were suicide, but the former deputy head of Gazprombank disputed this.
“Coffee trailblazer. Certified pop culture lover. Infuriatingly humble gamer.”