On weekends, Date Norski Genticor – with girls the same age as Anne Frank – sang excerpts from her famous diary during the Oslo International Church Music Festival.
Anne Frank died in 1945 at the age of 15 in a concentration campThey demanded a memoir of the years she and her family hid in an Amsterdam attic while the Nazis hunted down Jews during World War II.
– We are the same age, but she had to sit at home and hide in a box. We go out and experience the world, pEyre Clara (12), Anna (13) and Lena (12) for NRK.
They sing in the choir that performs the work «The beauty that remainsWeekends with the Radio Orchestra. The lyrics were transcribed into choral music by Marcus Paus, and have the name from a diary excerpt.
While she was in hiding, Anne wrote that she still believed in the good in people. A girls’ choir sang those words this weekend, in a packed Oslo cathedral.
Listen to excerpts here:
I still believe
That people really Good heart
In spite of everything
I still believethat peoplegoodThis heart
– is still relevant
The memoir of a young girl’s life has been translated into more than 60 languages since it was first published in 1947. But her everyday images from the war have also been made into theatre, musicals and TV series. A new opera about Anne Frank premiered in the United States, and before Christmas passed animated film “Where’s Anne Frank” In Norwegian cinemas.
Research Librarian Anne Kristen Land at the National Library believes there is a lot of interest in the Holocaust in Norway now.
– There’s just something about the times that makes Anne Frank still relevant, Land says.
It’s been 80 years since teenage Anne wrote about what it was like to be on the run as a Jew. In recent years, Land has noted many new books on how Jews were treated during and after the war.
She thinks it might have to do with the fact that time has passed.
– It was so terrible. The first generations didn’t talk about what happened, but now the new generation is asking questions, says Land.
Memoirs of Anne Frank fits here, as it is one of the few books written by Witness.
Describes a unit that today’s young readers can understand and identify with.
Who was Anne Frank?
Anne Frank was a Jewish girl who had to hide from the Nazis during World War II. When she was thirteen, she began secretly writing diaries about daily life. Anne Frank’s diary was written from June 1942 to August 1944.
In 1944, she and her family were discovered and sent to a concentration camp.
Anne Frank died of illness in the Bergen-Belsen camp just before the war ended.
The memoirs she wrote are one of the most widely read books in the world. It has sold over 70 million copies
– I don’t understand that she managed to be an optimist
The fact that there is once again a war in Europe makes the book even more relevant.
For a girls’ choir, it’s very special to sing Anne Frank’s words now. They point out that the Ukrainians lost their world, just as Anne Frank lost hers.
– Nevertheless, you write about the remaining beauty. Even after everything that’s happened, she can still believe that there is something nice in the world, says Clara.
She and the other girls think it’s cool that Anne Frank is so optimistic.
– We were very afraid and angry at the Nazis, but she managed to believe that there was something cute there.
– DrThat we sing lyrics that highlight her story, and perhaps help prevent something like this from happening again?
Listen to the world premiere of the work “The Beauty That Still” with Radio Choir and Orchestra is here:
Want to read more cultural things? Check out these cases:
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”
Accident on the set of the movie “Gladiator 2”: several injured
Pattie Boyd inspired George Harrison and Eric Clapton to write some of the world’s most famous love songs.
Jennifer Aniston is upset: – It drives me crazy