After years of political conflict, Corona and bureaucratic chaos, the youth center in Stensparken has opened. Now the old parsonage had finally come to life. It is the young people themselves who bear a lot of responsibility.
On Friday, the Huset on Haugen youth center opened in Stensparken. The house was created by a collaboration between the two districts of St. Hanshaugen and Frogner.
For many years, the old parsonage in Stensparken was a pain child for local politicians. It was a wonderful former residence once used by the city mayor as a no-maintenance dwelling, more for shame than for decoration.
The opening ceremony is planned for a long time
The keys were delivered this summer, and now Huset på haugen welcomes young people. Infection control restrictions Visitation is limited to 20 people.
– The owner said that the opening ceremony that we had planned for a long time was not canceled but postponed. Alba Stagram Dilsrud (14)
Young people get jobs
The house now provides employment for 17 young people. Seven of them work as coffee shop hosts, and the rest as home hosts. The tasks of the owners are to plan the operation in advance, as well as participate in the events.
– The team leader said: We had 60 young people to interview, after receiving 90 job applications Tyne Rastad In the district of St. Hanchögen. One of the 14-year-olds who got a job as a cafe host was Alfonso Almeida.
– I wanted a job, and I love to cook. I took a cooking course at Geitmyra, then learned a lot about what I need here, he says.
They were looking for young people
15 years Khalid Abdi He loves to get involved in the community and thinks that the project with the youth center seems interesting, and engaging.
Speakers at the opening and facilitator with Khaled Abdi inside the house was Alba Stagram-Dilsrud.
– I live nearby and have been to Stensparken a lot. My mother saw that they were looking for guys who could work at home. I applied and got a job. She said it’s a job that’s not quite the same as a job.
Both County St. Hanshogen and Frogger were heavily represented with county administrators and district committee leaders.
District Committee Chairman Jens Jørgen Lie (H) Frogner was kinder than usual during the opening. Fool received a lot of credit for the house plans being implemented. To the leader of the Saint Hanshojen County Committee Ingrid Fellberg (MDG), the joy in you was great too.
The question of what to do with the old chaplain of Stensparken was one of the first questions that ended up in Fjellberg’s office as the newly elected district committee chairperson.
property manager in oslo bygg, Daughter of Burmark Hansen TThanked for collaborating with the monumental city while working to get the house back on its feet, without detracting from the historic building of 1887.
She also thanked the young men from the Young Ambassador who provided input on what the house should contain, and suggestions on better solutions.
I should also conclude by thanking the neighbors who put up with the building noise, and the neighbors who gave their feedback, said Burmark Hansen.
– Take care of the house
mayor Marianne Burgen And he (peace be upon him) congratulated the two regions in their conversation, adding that this house was a wonderful gift to the whole city. Burgen worked in a youth club in the seventies, and then saw the great value of such a youth gathering.
– This is a house where you can be with friends, a house where you can make new friends. This place for young people is called a workshop for self-confidence, and when I see what this house contains, I am sure House on the Hill can become a place like this too. Pay close attention to this, said Mayor Burgen.
The young people themselves provided input on what the four floors of the house should contain. Sound studio, music room, dance and boxing room, normal living room with screened hooks for those who want to be at peace, games room and table tennis and billiards room were some of the rooms offered.
Young people participated in the renewal
In addition to rooms where young people can challenge their fitness or creativity, there is a room designated as a room for secret conversations. This room can also be decorated as a room where healthcare professionals can work.
All rooms are beautifully painted by the young people themselves. Even the furniture had young carpentry.
Additionally comes a café and kitchen. The house on the hill is open from 13.30 daily. Mondays and Tuesdays they are open until 17:00. Wednesdays and Thursdays doors are open on Fridays until 10pm, and also open on the evening of the last Saturday of the month.
“Explorer. Unapologetic entrepreneur. Alcohol fanatic. Certified writer. Wannabe tv evangelist. Twitter fanatic. Student. Web scholar. Travel buff.”