Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes Manchester United are better with Cristiano Ronaldo on the pitch – but it is impossible for him to play with the Portuguese in every game.
In his press conference ahead of Saturday’s game against Leicester, the United boss was asked again about Ronaldo, who has scored four goals against Qatar and Luxembourg in the national team’s break – and already has 11 goals in total this season.
The man will turn 37 in less than six months. This is how Solskjaer answers his desire to use Ronaldo in the future:
An exceptional player, exceptional goal maker, exceptional goalscorer and athlete, Solskjaer started according to United site.
– It’s hard to neglect him.
Ronaldo’s characters attract attention: – Can be a challenge for Solskjaer
But Solskjær understands that it is not possible to play the same 11 every time.
– We have to take turns. We have to wait until April and May. Last season we finally got tired. I manage the club’s players. It’s good to have him in the field – he always delivers the goods.
Finally, Solskjaer says:
– The more he is in the field, the better.
Ronaldo was put on the bench in United’s last game, against Everton in the Premier League, and television cameras at Old Trafford captured the apparent frustration of Cristiano Ronaldo on his way to the locker room. The Portuguese was just a substitute, and Manchester United had to settle for 1-1.
Critical sunshine for match program: – No sense
Cristiano Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes, believes that Ronaldo should win the “Golden Ball”.
– He never deserved it like this year. The best scorer in the Italian League and in the European Championships. Mendes tells France Football that he holds the record for goals in the Champions League, and is the only one to have won everything in three different countries.
A record Ronaldo saved Manchester United in extra time: – We were lucky in the end
- It doesn’t come from the fact that Leicester have had few disappointments so far this season. The 2-2-3 score in seven league games, 9-12 in goals and just one point out of six potential Europa League matches is tepid at best. And good enough for only thirteenth.
- If we want to highlight something positive, it is that Vardy (A) started producing goals with three goals in the last two PL matches before the break. Here, Leicester need a score to speed up the season.
- While Manchester United need both a positive result and a convincing effort, the Guardian said. The guests come from two somewhat disappointing matches with 0-1 at home for Aston Villa and 1-1 at home against Everton.
- United would likely be without Varane (F) and Maguire (F). In this case, it is likely that Lindelof and Bailey will be at the center of the defence. Rashford (Edge) is on the team, but it is uncertain how much he is involved. Fred (mb) and Cavani (A) are missing. Leicester are good enough to bring something with them, but we believe more in the away team.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”