For the fourth day in a row, the infection rate is at an all-time high. The FHI hopes that this increase will continue.
If you want a perspective on infection in Norway, it is important to keep your tongue straight in your mouth. But records show higher infection rates:
- In Norway, 24,958 people have been diagnosed with corona infection in the last 24 hours. This is 12,598 more than the same day last week.
- The last seven days recorded an average of 14,328 corona infections per day.
- Seven days ago the corresponding average was 8,773, so the trend is increasing.
There has been some sharp increase due to the routine change in reporting to the Infectious Diseases Reporting System (MSIS).
Infection statistics may be somewhat inaccurate due to the latter report. But it is still a record high.
– This is probably the increase we have announced, and before it comes, it will continue, says Array Stuitzberg, chief physician at the National Institutes of Public Health.
The FHI estimates that the peak of the infection will be in early January / February, but stressed that they will do new modeling and estimate that it is in motion.
But it is difficult to say how fast the infection rate will continue to increase. In other countries, such as the United Kingdom, the infection rate has risen sharply and then fallen.
On Friday, 230 corona patients were admitted to the hospital. 19 less than the previous day.
Of the patients, 66 are in the intensive care unit, of whom 46 are receiving respiratory treatment. According to the Norwegian Directorate of Health, there are four less in intensive care and five less in respiratory.
The Norwegian Institute of Public Health considers the infection rate and hospital admissions figures to be “very positive”.
– This is a positive trend when we now have a highly contagious disease in the community and people are well protected by vaccinations at the same time.
Norwegian health records distinguish between: hospitalized by corona and hospitalized by coronary heart disease. Then you get a clear picture of how hospitals are.
– We see an increase in the number of inpatients With Corona virus and not Of Corona virus. This means that we catch an almost accidental victim who is admitted to some other hospital. After that, we get a better overview of the real burden on hospitals.
A new system
The government opened on Friday that those who have taken the three-dose vaccine or have had a coronary infection in the past three months after taking two doses will no longer have to confirm a positive test with a PCR test. Instead you can report it to yourself if you are affected. Such restructuring of the system would have consequences, the FHI says.
– When you test less in general and more at home, we get a different kind of overview.
But the FHI did not think they would lose track. This is because one keeps track of many statistics such as the disease load among the victims, the number of GPs and the number of hospitalizations.
– There will be less focus on the victims. This is a normal way to go now with a large increase in epidemics in the community and minor serious illnesses.
Although infection statistics are reported differently, the FHI still believes that this is necessary so that testing and analytical skills do not decline.
– In such an epidemic situation I think we need to adapt to a new system.
There are reporting systems in 132 municipalities, according to health officials. The government writes that KS will now provide a similar solution to municipalities that do not have it, and that the Norwegian Directorate of Health is tasked with pursuing this.
FHI is excited about whether it will work to register when people test positive.
– It depends on the purpose of the self-report system and how simple it is, says Berg.
More and more people are getting infected now. That may be an advantage.
– All cases of infection contribute to high immunity in the population. As long as there are no serious consequences for those affected by the infection and there is good protection for those who are affected, it will benefit the community. But do not go inside to cause infection.
Having multiple infections at the same time also presents disadvantages. A community does not tolerate many infections. Many have pointed out that everyone can go beyond the socially important functions of being at home.
– We now pay more attention to what is not due to disease. Berg says it would be dramatic if so many people were isolated and isolated at home without being able to go to work.
Health officials have announced changes to the isolation rules.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”