Per Christian Bratvit, 27, arrived at the soccer match and gave birth. Now the curious goalkeeper tells of the special day when little Millie was born into the world.
During the break in the match against Sandefjord on Sunday, Bråtveit was told something was going on. He was replaced and went to ‘delivery’ at the Telemark Hospital.
– We had a good plan, says the goalkeeper to VG.
– If something happens, I’m sure I’ll go to the hospital.
Roommate Maiken Hansen’s parents received the phone numbers of sporting director Morten Ronningen and several leaders at Odd’s.
– During the break I was told that I had to go to the hospital as soon as possible. Then it was a long night, the birth at 08.20 in the morning.
– How did Odd’s management react?
– They supported me all the time that I should be present. There are many who missed matches due to childbirth, including coach “Paco” (Paal Arne Johansen). But at least I managed to make one round, laughs Per Christian Bratvit.
He pays tribute to his partner Maiken Hansen — as if he pays tribute to his teammate:
– It was sick to see how it works. I wasn’t having a hard time at all, I was just there. It worked incredibly well. It was great to see. It is nice to bring with you, says Roja citizen.
– You were determined to be present?
– Yes, there was no discussion. Odd has been very good about this, as there is nothing more important than playing a game of football. So I was just happy with the time you had with me.
For those who don’t have much interest in football, Bratveit is perhaps best known for its big game on “Nødlandslaget” (7 on the VG exchange), which managed a 1-1 draw with Austria in the UEFA Nations League. He had been without a club since his contract with Denmark’s AGF expired on 1 July, but at the beginning of August he signed Odd for the rest of the season.
The goalkeeper has previously been in Hougesund, Valerenga, Dutch Groningen, French Nimes, Swedish Djurgarden, and others.
And although he only managed one lap on Sunday, the timing was very good:
– Yeah, we had Monday and Tuesday off anyway, so I spent the night at the hospital with Miken and Millie. It’s also game-free on the weekends, so I get a little sense of what it’s like to have a baby.
- Odd won 3-2 against Sandefjord and are in eighth place after playing 21 matches.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”