On Wednesday, meteorologists were crystal clear that it was time to put winter tires on the car. Snowy weather was reported in eastern Norway over the weekend.
But it was clear on Friday that the expected snowy weather had been canceled for now.
– The weather will be very mild, says state meteorologist Julie Solvik-Fagan to Dagbladet.
Fagan explains that there were changing expectations heading into the weekend.
– It’s about where the low pressure is going to move to the south. She says the weather in eastern Norway was quite calm with some clouds appearing.
– This cannot be ruled out
Even if there is no snowy weather, it cannot rule out rain in parts of southern Norway. There could be some rain in Agder, which on Sunday may move north towards Old Ostfold.
– I can’t rule out rain, but then there will be more rain and sleet, and nothing will stabilize, says Fagan.
Mountainous areas in southern Norway will also remain dry this weekend. However, it indicates that snow will remain in areas where it is already snowing, due to lower temperatures.
Helga weather winners
In western Norway, the forecast is sunny.
– In western Norway, the weather will definitely be good this weekend, says Fagan.
In Bergen, the weather was clear with temperatures below zero on Friday morning.
– She says that the night frost has come.
Trøndelag also starts the weekend with clear weather, before snow showers arrive on Sunday.
– Northern Norway will receive snow showers throughout the weekend, meteorologists wrote on X/Twitter.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”