Few people get the chance to bring their relatives and loved ones to the “closed loop” organized by Olympic organizers to try to keep the coronavirus infection out of the games.
The exception is those who have a girlfriend who is also involved. And while he admits he’s lucky, there’s a little disappointment in Alexander Aamodt Keilde, too.
– It’s a tease. You see her, but you can’t touch her or be with her much, Amudt Keldy told Olympic Broadcasting Service after his first downhill practice in Yanqing on Thursday.
At her press conference later, the Norwegian Alpine star details her love life with severe coronary restrictions:
– Everyone knows the well-known meter … It’s no less than this meter here, Keldy tells TV 2, while Kjetil Jansrud smiles beside her.
– There is little contact. We can eat some meals together, but apart from that, it’s very strict, I can tell. She has her bubble, I have my bubbles. We don’t try to socialize. We’re here for one thing and that’s running races, so we can hang out afterwards.
I had to think
The star couple was also talked about outside the borders of Norway. Reuters wanted to know if Keilde had plans for Valentine’s Day (February 14).
Kjetil Jansrud then put his arms around his teammate, jokingly showing the area.
“I’m probably in the bubble with my roommate,” Keldy smiles before apparently becoming unsure of the date.
– I don’t know if you’re still here, but if you are, we’ll see. He continues, before he even thinks about it and confesses:
– It might be a little…
– There were many possible pitfalls in this question, his roommate Jansrud laughed then.
Shiffrin probably understands it’s going to be Valentine’s Day. They can also see each other quite a bit, albeit through plexiglass that separates the dining areas of the Olympic Village.
– It’s good that you’re here and we can have dinner together, no problem. We enjoy it when we can, says Keldy.
– We try to be careful, because if we get infected with the virus, the consequences will be very great.
The Norwegian will be first in Monday’s fire. Already on Sunday, Alexandre Amaudt Keilde is among the top candidates in Beijing.
In today’s training, the 29-year-old was number seven, a training marked by the fact that none of the seniors had taken part in the course before.
– It’s a special downhill course, and there were many who didn’t make it to the finish line. This is probably the first time, especially the fast track with challenging lanes that are hard to complete at 100 percent. It’s a trail that’s different from the slopes we usually run.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”