After last year’s huge Champions League season, Dortmund coach Marco Rose believes Erling Braut Haaland (21) could do better.
– He is an excellent player and there is still more potential, recent Dortmund coach Marco Rose said of Erling Braut Haaland at a press conference on Tuesday.
On Wednesday, Borussia Dortmund plays its first match in the group stage of the Champions League when it meets Besiktas away from home in Istanbul.
Haaland had an adventurous season in the tournament in 2020/2021 and was crowned the best attacking player in the Champions League. The 21-year-old Norwegian became the top scorer with ten goals.
Rikordung Haaland scored his 10th goal for his country – the fastest Norwegian player in 73 years
Dortmund reached the quarter-finals after two defeats against Manchester City.
– He’s also a young player who can still gain experience at an absolute high level, Rose says of Haaland.
on questions from TV 2 Rose explains in detail what the Norwegian could improve on.
– Address. Be active throughout the game. The Dortmund boss says there are many small things he needs to improve, but he is well on his way.
In addition to Besiktas, Dortmund plays in a group with Sporting Club de Portugal and Ajax.
In other words, the Germans are the favorites to win the group – and the favorites against Besiktas on Wednesday. Captain Marco Reus says he doesn’t care.
– They are all opponents in the Champions League. Our goal is to be the first team to survive the group. We start on Wednesday with the first match, and then continue to work, he said in the pre-match press conference.
Solskjær gets slippery class after explosion in Switzerland
VG Tips: Besiktas – Borussia Dortmund
* Safely inspected They won the Turkish League gold this spring by a better goal difference than second-place Galatasaray, and have continued down the same path this fall with a fantastic 3-1-0 flow.
* It’s inside The only reason why Turks build on such a good start, self-confidence should not be low.
* What applies Full stands and noisy fans, Borussia Dortmund before the unpleasant entrance to Koruna was put to good use only for this in its 81,000-seat arena.
* And what are the goals? On the other hand, Dortmund honed its form by scoring 13 goals in four opening matches in the domestic league. And who is scoring the most CL goals right now again? Yes, there is a certain light-haired player who has scored 20 goals in his first 16 matches in this tournament. Otherwise, the top scorer’s probability of playing Haaland stands at 1.45.