In the summer of 2020, Thérèse Juhaug replaced her running shoes with her cross-country skis and achieved 10,000m in Bislet. She fulfilled the requirements of the World Cup and ran for what was then the best of the year in the world.
A little over a year later, Norway’s best distance runner Caroline Berkeley Grofdal put the locker in place and beat Gohog by 42 seconds over Bislet.
Johaug said the skating queen was also seven seconds behind the Olympic requirement, but there was never a goal. Nor did she consider the 2024 Olympics realistic.
– No, I have no chance against the best. If I’m going to level up more than I’ve done now, more specific training needs to be added. Gohog added that I have the ability, but the economy of the race must be improved Aftenposten this time.
Now, the 33-year-old has registered as a cross-country skater, but will she now get into training to improve her running technique and focus on an athletics career?
– No, says Johaug brief for Dagbladet.
– You put your sports career on the shelf?
It agrees well with what her coach Pål Gunnar Mikkelsplass told Dagbladet just minutes after she announced her resignation.
– I think she, who was at the level she was at, must do it 100 percent if she wants to compete. I’m sure that didn’t happen Mikkelsplass to Dagbladet.
As things stand now, Johog has sharply stepped down in training.
I train a lot less than I did before. But I try to get a little exercise each day, says Johog.
Is it okay to train less?
“Yes, it is,” Johaug admits.
– She tried to enjoy life “as a retiree,” she laughs, but says there was a lot to show for after Cross Country season ended.
Among those things was Saturday’s Johaug Up Race, a women-only downhill race, organized by Johaug clothing brand.
There Johaug ran into a better time written by himself, even with a long night the night before. Then I was surprised by a party and Russell’s song written by her teammates.
Everyone there meant a lot to Therese’s career. Manager Jørn Ernst wrote to Dagbladet It was a gracious and wonderful closing party that lasted into the wee hours of the night.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”
Haaland on ‘Nightmares’: – It’s only good
Ten years ago they shocked City – now they can be bought by 21-year-olds
Sarpsborg 08, Football | Sarpsborg 08 tied the first division team in the cup