More than 9,000 runners are registered and will be ready on the starting line for this year’s edition of Sentrumsløpet.
The kick-off shot is taken off the Karl Johans goal. From there, participants run towards Frognerparken – through Frogner and Kvadraturen – and back to the centre.
This means that from 14:00 to 19:00 on Saturday, many buses, trams and cars will be diverted in the city center.
– We encourage people to calculate more time and check routes when they travel through central Oslo. Feel free to use the subway as usual, Sofie Bruun, director of communications at Ruter, tells Avisa Oslo.
Traveling by car or bike? Avoid these streets
If you plan to use your car or bike downtown, there are many streets you should avoid. Due to the race, the following streets and areas are closed:
- Carl Johannes portal
- Castle garden
- Colbjornsen Street
- Gildenlove Street
- Church Road
- Middleton Street
- Frogner Park
- Noble Street
- Bygdøy Street
- Henrik Ibsen Street
- Town Hall Square
- Kongens portal
- Count Weddell’s place
- Queens Street
- Prince Street
- Kongens portal
Check your line
The race will also have consequences for public transportation. The methods indicate that the following paths will be changed:
type of trains:
- 11 Majorsten – Kelsos: It is located between Majorstuen and Jernbanetorget. Passengers can use Line 19 to travel to and from Majorsten.
- 12 Majorsten – Kelsos: It is located between Majorstuen and Jernbanetorget. Passengers can use Line 19 to travel to and from Majorsten.
- 13 Biquistua – For Gabru: It is located between Bjørvika and Skøyen. Private tram system between Pixtoa and Sequin every 15 minutes. Travelers can also use the underground to and from the National Theater or trains to and from Skøyen.
- 20 Skøyen – Galgeberg: It lies between Skøyen and Majorstuen. Skøyen, Thune, Olav Kyrres plass, Odins gate, Frogner plass, Vigelandsparken and Frogner stations are not serviced.
- 21 Tjovholmen – Helsevier: It is located between Tjuvholmen and Riddervold. Tjuvholmen, Observatoriegata and Lapsetorvet stations are not served.
- 30 Bygdøy – Nydalen: It is located between Karenslyst allé and Tollboden. The stops of Olav Kyrres plass, Frogner Church, Solli, Nationaltheatret, Wessels plass, Kvadraturen, as well as Karenslyst allé towards the city center are not served. A temporary stop will be made on the Dronning Blanca route towards Nydalen (as an alternative to Karenslyst allé).
- 31 Sunroya – Fornbu – Tonenhagen – Grode: It is located between Skøyen and Tollboden. Skøyen (towards the centre), Thune, Olav Kyrres plass, Frogner Church, Solli, Nationaltheatret, Wessels plass and Kvadraturen stations are not served.
- 70 National Theater – Skullerud: It is located between Jernbanetorget and the National Theatre. Nationaltheatret, Wessels plass and Kvadraturen stations are not served.
- 81 – Floispon: Set between Filipstad and Tollboden. Filipstad, Vika Atrium, Dokkveien, Nationaltheatret, Wessels plass and Kvadraturen stops are not served.
- 150 Gullhaug – Oslo Bus Station: Detour between Oslo Bus Station and Sjølyst. Vika Atrium, Nationaltheatret and St. Olavs Plass and Hammersborggata.
- 160 Rykkinn – Oslo Bus Station: Detour between Oslo Bus Station and Sjølyst. Vika Atrium, Nationaltheatret and St. Olavs Plass and Hammersborggata.
- 250 Sætre – Slemmestad – Oslo Bus Station: Detour between Oslo Bus Station and Sjølyst. Vika Atrium, Nationaltheatret and St. Olavs Plass and Hammersborggata.
Check out the routes websites for more details. You can also see the roadmap of the contestants at Centrumløpet website.
Doom gives Roter a headache. Suddenly people started talking about ticket controls
Several metro lines are closed until September
Ticket inspectors shout a warning. Concerns are changing in the subway and trams
The electric car’s deceptive maneuvering had consequences
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”
CarPlay – Updated with new features
Ryan Reynolds – Lay flat
Iron Sheikh – great grief