On Saturday morning, it was reported that Odd Roger Inoxen had resigned as Secretary of Defense after it was known in 2005 that he had an inappropriate relationship with a young woman.
Wenche Skallerud, leader of the Women’s Center, was sad and disappointed when she read the case VG.
“It is incredibly disappointing that such cases have arisen, and it is unfortunate that what I consider a good Secretary of Defense must resign,” says Scalrod.
The leader of the Ap Women’s Network goes further in his criticism of Inoxen.
What he did is not compatible with being a minister. He should have realized that before he took office this fall, says Annette Trettbergstoen.
She pays tribute to the woman who has now chosen to tell her story.
I want to praise the woman who stood up for her courage. You should never feel ashamed, says Trettebergstuen.
– There is room for notification
Last Saturday, TV 2 was able to report that the Center Party office was contacted about another Mito case about Enoksen in 2017.
This issue became a topic when the Women’s Center held its central board meeting on Wednesday of this week.
We raised this at the meeting because it is important for our members to know what the moral guidelines of the Center Party are and what responsibility prominent politicians have, says Scalrod.
She says it is important to raise awareness of this in the future.
– What does this issue show about the culture in the Center Party?
– It clearly shows that you need a little refreshment with ethical guidelines. I’ve been with the party since 1979 and have never experienced anything too personal, but it’s important here to look at existing power structures, says Scalrod.
She maintains that the Center Party should be a safe party for women where you can warn if you encounter something upsetting.
– I see room for notification, says Skallerud.
People must be honest
The head of the Women’s Center believes it was entirely right that Inoxen chose to resign as minister, but says she should also be allowed to make mistakes.
There should be room for people to make mistakes in their lives, but it should have been earlier, says Skallerud.
Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Store admitted to TV 2 that there was a need to review the PM’s background check procedures after the Enoksen case.
Skallerud thinks this is a positive, but stresses that at the same time, it is up to each individual to tell the truth in these conversations.
– Scalrod says it’s based on honest data, so people have to be honest.
Trettebergstuen is also pleased that the Prime Minister’s Office is now reviewing its routines.
– Enoksen himself says that he did not tell us the crucial details of the relationship. I think it’s good that Jonas is taking this seriously and also looking at if there’s something we can do with the routine, says Trettebergstuen.
You must have
The leader of the Senterungdommen, Andrine Seppola, believed it was right that Enoksen resigned.
She also emphasized that the Wasat Party would remain a safe organization.
– Cibula says that it is important for the Center’s youth that the trusted behave in an inspiring way, and that the Center Party continue to be a safe organization.
“Explorer. Unapologetic entrepreneur. Alcohol fanatic. Certified writer. Wannabe tv evangelist. Twitter fanatic. Student. Web scholar. Travel buff.”