At Reitan Eiendom, Mellingsæter will be responsible for developing the company further focusing mainly on its three focus areas: city center property in Trondheim, Bergen and Oslo, logistics and industrial property in Scandinavia and commercial property in Scandinavia.
– Now I am looking forward to being part of the Reitan Group, which I have known well for many years, both from the bank side and as one of Norway’s largest trading companies, says Mellingsæter in a press release.
Mellingsæter worked at Danske Bank for three terms and for 20 years. He has held the position of Country Director since 2015.
– I’ve been at Danske Bank for a long time, with both ups and downs. When I started, it was a Trønder bank, and there was nothing wrong with it, but the thing I’m most proud of is the very strong growth we’ve had,” Mellingsæter tells DN.
The bank, then called Fokus Bank, was acquired by the main Danish bank in 1999, and it changed its name in 2012 to make it clear that it was part of an international group.
In the summer of 2020, the bank acquired Barbs From the Norwegian Financial Supervisory Authority. During an inspection visit to the bank, Finanstilsynet revealed a number of violations of the money-laundering rules, which require banks to notify Okkrim of customers and suspicious transactions.
As a result, the bank had to pay fines for not following the money laundering rules. In the new year, the bank issued daily fines of NOK 5 million to the Norwegian Financial Supervisory Authority.
There may be few who understand how difficult and challenging this process is, but we don’t have much work left, and the rest will be sorted out in the coming weeks, says Mellingsæter, and adds:
– It’s a good idea to clean this up before I move on to a new job. I had no plans to change jobs, and foresaw a future here at Danske Bank, but this opportunity turned out to be very interesting.
Danske Bank’s new country director is Erlend Angelfoss.
I am also very happy that Erlind Angelos has agreed to take over at the Bank. Erlind and I have worked closely together for many years and I know he has exceptional skills and experience, a suitable team player, as well as a nice guy personally. I have no doubts he will take Danske Bank to new heights in Norway, says Mellingsæter.
Retiring after 27 years
Mellingsæter is a graduate of Harvard Business School, Insead and the University of Oslo, previously worked at Enova and is also Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Business Association in Trondheim.
I look forward to being able to use my expertise from one of the Scandinavian organizations to further develop and manage the group’s property portfolio in the future, building on our solid base in Trondheim. I believe Reitan Eiendom is a hidden gem in the Scandinavian property market, and I and the Board of Directors will continue to implement the company’s future ambitions, says Mellingsæter.
– We have a strong belief that Trond Mellingsæter will fit in well with us, and will be well received among staff, customers and partners, says Ingolv Høyland, who has led Reitan Eiendom since its inception in 1995.
Høyland is now moving to the position of chairman of the company’s board of directors.
Companies in seven countries
Reitan Eiendom was founded in 1995, and the beginning was about two dozen retail properties for the Rema 1000. Since then, the company has doubled in size.
The parent company Reitan includes companies in seven countries, employs more than 40,000 people – and is therefore one of the largest in Norway. Reitan Eiendom is an area of the parent company.
– Reitan Eiendom has become a strong and big company, thanks to the skilled people and strong culture. I am delighted to release a new property manager in close quarters with 30 years of wisdom represented by Senior Director Ingolv, says Odd Reitan and adds:
At the same time, I hand over the presidency of Reitan Eiendom to Ingolv Høyland and I resign from the Board of Directors. Ingolf is one of those who absolutely trust me, and this has been the plan all along. I now want to grow the ownership role as General Manager of Reitan, which means being a driving force in working with strategy, structure, culture and financial benchmarks.(Conditions)Copyright Dagens Næringsliv AS and/or our suppliers. We would like you to share our cases using a link that leads directly to our pages. All or part of the Content may not be copied or otherwise used with written permission or as permitted by law. For additional terms look here.
“Explorer. Unapologetic entrepreneur. Alcohol fanatic. Certified writer. Wannabe tv evangelist. Twitter fanatic. Student. Web scholar. Travel buff.”