Lerkendal (Dagbladet): It caused quite a stir when Trondheim’s Odin Thiago Holm (19) withdrew from Rosenborg in favor of arch rival Valringa.
I feel that the talent development in Rosenborg was very poor. Obviously, there are high expectations here (in Rosenborg journal.anm.), and it’s easier to develop and get opportunities at a maybe smaller club, like Enga, Holm told Dagbladet on Sunday.
Just minutes before he had left disappointed by the Lerkendal mat, After Rosenborg played with Vålerenga In the match the hosts won 3-0.
“We don’t show up, they’re ready and they play a perfect match,” Holm said of Sunday’s game, before going on to say:
– There will be a lot of ugly breaches – which Rosenborg is good at. There was a lot of speed, and there were two strikers who were a constant moment of turmoil. Offensively, we got a bit sluggish – it was easy to get out, and we didn’t have any special offensive play either.
Rosenborg’s return is not ruled out
Since Kjetil Rekdal took over as coach at Lerkendal, there have been major changes in the RBK team. A band getting younger at the same time.
When Rosenborg met Vålerenga in Lerkendal last October, the average age of the eleven primary hosts was close to 26.5 years old. By comparison, the average age of the Sunday hosts in eleven starts was just over 24 years and 10 months.
If we look at the number of players under the age of 24, a total of seven players in RBK’s starting lineup on Sunday were under 24, as opposed to just four when the two teams met in Lerkendale in October last year.
When asked if a move to Rosenborg is more important now – that the team is younger – the Vålerenga star replied:
– I am open to coming to Rosenborg, but I may think that this bridge has burned down. But absolutely, you grew up with Rosenborg, so why not? When you’re established and no longer a talent, says the 19-year-old, it can definitely happen.
interest from outside
The great talent of Tronder It has already confirmed the interest of many foreign clubs for his services.
– I have made it clear that I want to achieve this by traveling abroad, the 19-year-old admits.
– What countries does the interest come from?
– He said he came from Belgium, Holland, Italy and France.
On the other hand, it will be costly for the club, which will eventually have to pull great talent away from the Intility Arena.
Vålerenga coach Dag-Eilev Fagermo previously referred to the teenager as the best player in the league, and himself has stated what he considers to be the market value of the great talent.
– You can see that there is more money in Eliteserien now, that Molde and Bodø/Glimt have done well in Europe. You said 50 million, I think it’s definitely possible, Fagermo told Dagbladet in September.
Not ruling out a move in January
Already signed in 2019, aged just 15, Holm signed a contract until 2021 with the Blues. At the beginning of 2021, the great talent extended his contract with the Oslo club until 2024.
Although he still has a little more than two years left on his contract with Vålerenga, the great talent doesn’t rule out a transfer already in the winter transfer window.
– It all depends on the club he offers after what you did during the fall.
However, he has nothing to prevent him from staying in the capital, if that happens.
– If I feel I haven’t done well enough over time, I’d like to stay longer in Vålerenga, assures Trønder.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”