August 14, 2022

ModularPhonesForum

Complete News World

Warnings after traumatic damage: - be careful

Warnings after traumatic damage: – be careful

Last August, Andreas Rosenqvist, 48, and his wife were vacationing with some friends in the municipality of Ørst on the Swedish west coast.

On the last day of his vacation he went out to take a refreshing shower in the morning. When he was about to climb out of the water, his foot ran into something sitting on the ladder.

– I didn’t feel anything at first, but then I saw that I had a big cut on my foot. I immediately realized that I had to go to the hospital, Rosenqvist told Dagbladet.

she was swedish Aftonbladet Who mentioned it first?

– It got worse

The man cut himself on a Pacific oyster. The projectile was so sharp that he could not feel anything, despite getting a large cut of seven centimeters.

But it didn’t stop there for Swede Rosenqvist.

Pacific oysters: Rosenqvist injured himself on this oyster while on vacation.  Photo: private.

Pacific oysters: Rosenqvist injured himself on this oyster while on vacation. Photo: private.
Show more

– In the end, the nurses sewed it up, and I was allowed to go home. Later in the evening I felt it hurt a lot, and it got worse.

The next morning, Rosenqvist realized he needed help.

– Early in the morning I call my wife and say I need help. When I was about to wake up, I had a high fever. She lost consciousness and fell to the ground. It was very exciting, he says.

At the hospital, doctors took samples from the wound, and found that the 48-year-old had an infection as a result of a very special bacteria.

Infected: Andreas Rosenqvist became seriously ill after wounding himself on an oyster.  Photo: private.

Infected: Andreas Rosenqvist became seriously ill after wounding himself on an oyster. Photo: private.
Show more

Vibrio bacteria

At the hospital, the man was told that he had been very unlucky, and had contracted an infection as a result of the Vibrio bacterium. In addition, he was infected with streptococcus.

– It turns out I caught Vibrio in the wound from the hot water, says Rosenqvist.

It was done: Doctors finally chose to operate on Rosenqvist's foot.  Photo: private.

It was done: Doctors finally chose to operate on Rosenqvist’s foot. Photo: private.
Show more

according to FHI.

Furthermore, the Swede was hospitalized for a week and a half with extensive antibiotic treatment. However, due to the fact that the bacteria are resistant to antibiotics, he fell ill again, and was accepted again.

– My condition worsened again and I had to go back to the hospital. Then they opened the surgery and did surgeries on my leg, before I had to spend another week and a half in the hospital.

Chase: The famous walrus continues to wreak havoc in Frognerkilen, and on Wednesday morning one of the rowers got a little closer. Video: Evan Larson
Show more

– be cerfull

The 48-year-old had several follow-up exams throughout the fall, as well as rehab and foot training.

Now he warns other swimmers who will enjoy their vacation along the coast.

Be careful and watch what you step on when you get off your feet. It is especially scary for young children. At least there’s bacteria I didn’t know about before.

«High water temperatures occur over a long period of time relatively rarely in the Norwegian coastal areas. If the bathing temperature remains near 20°C or more in the Norwegian coastal areas for several days, there may be a risk of infection with Vibrio bacterium also in the southern coastal regions of Norway. The most relevant are the areas in the Oslo Strait, as well as the coasts of Telemark and Sørland. FHI writes on its website.

See also  "Tiger King" - "Doc" Antle