But zero points in five games is FK Haugesund with the worst start to the season ever. He created frustration and dishonoring after the statements in the media.
– It’s pitch black. FKH goalkeeper Egil Silvik said: There is not much to say about him Haugesunds Aves After losing his fifth game in a row this season.
FK Haugesund is at the bottom of the table, as the only team without points, having lost 1-5 in the Rogaland derby against Viking.
Watch Elite Series and OBOS League live on Discovery +
In fact, we have to go back to October 17 last year to find the previous victory.
– He was not trampled a little, he was violent. Five losses, we know that. We felt pressured along the way. The performance wasn’t up to the level we needed to win matches in the Elite Series, FKH coach Jostein Grindhaug told VG.
After the loss against Viking, Selvik was also against his teammates’ attitude in the match.
– I understand that it’s hard to get and that it’s thin. The goalkeeper told the local newspaper that when people are running in a standing position five minutes into the second half, you know they have already given up by then.
This statement did not sit well with Grindhaug.
– We’ve talked about it now. I engaged him in a player chat, and he agreed that this wasn’t the smartest thing he could do in the media. We can rather take that inside. But the coach tells VG there is a lot of emotion and he’s a player with a winning skull.
Christian Gosth, VG and Discovery expert, and Haugesunds Avis’ sporting director, Terje Flateby, think there should be room to express dissatisfaction with his teammates after such an appearance.
– It’s a symbol of frustration that spreads around. And they can have an effect, because they’ve tried most of the other things that can be tried. Gauseth says this guy makes a little outsider reporting, which I understand pretty well.
Selvik did well and was visibly disappointed with his teammates. It’s easy to say with emotion after this match. Flatebe says, I think it is okay to express it in this situation.
It has also been questioned whether Grindhaug is the right man for the job after the Rogaland derby.
– I feel that I have more to add to the team, but at the same time I understand that questions are being asked of me when we have lost five games in a row, the coach answered.
Gauseth believes that the problem is not the coach, but the quality of the team.
Grindhaug has a star in Haugesund, so he decides a bit what will happen himself. But he’s a club player, so if he notices he doesn’t have the influence he needs, he’ll leave, former VG captain Mjøndalen told.
Flatby sees Sunday’s home game against Kristiansund as crucial to any changes at the club.
– I find it difficult to answer. I think it’s too early to say he should go, but if there is a loss against Kristiansund, it is time to discuss what to do, says the sporting director in the local paper.
Since FK Haugesund was founded in 1993, for the first time in the club’s history it has been without points after its first five league games in a season.
– They look awful. In terms of results first and foremost. In terms of gameplay, I feel the effects of the improvement. I think they were the best team in the first round against the Vikings. But then they lose to Stromsgodset and Lillestrom at the end of the matches. All this bears witness to a team struggling to find themselves, Joseth says.
On the other hand, the statistics indicate that it will be difficult for FK Haugesund. There were 13 cases of 5 or more losses from the start of the season in 1948-2021. 11 of the 13 ended in relegation. Exceptions: Ørn in 1948 (five consecutive losses) and Sarpsborg 08 in 2020 (five consecutive losses). Ørn ranked 6th out of 8 teams in the 1948/49 season, Sarpsborg 08 came 12th in 2020 (16 teams).
It will be difficult, but the last thing we lose is hope. We are constantly working on managing it, Grindhaug answers about his chances of staying at the top level in Norway.
note! Haugesund meets Kristiansund at home at 18:00. You can watch the match on Discovery+.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”