(Manchester United – Wolverhampton 0-1) Wolves Bota Joao Moutinho (35) inflicted the first loss with Manchester United coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, heir Ralph Rangnick (63).
In the ninth match after Solskjaer was sent off as United coach, Moutinho touched outside the penalty area eight minutes before the end of the match. With the next touch, the Wolverhampton player narrowed the ball to the far corner, while Rangnick despaired on the side line.
The defeat means United remain seventh in the Premier League – a full 22 points behind leaders Manchester City.
The performance was as disappointing as the result. We didn’t play well at all. We are very disappointed, says Rangnick in an interview shown on TV 2.
The United German manager absolutely believes in the team technically, tactically, individually and collectively. It is difficult to disagree with him.
Wolverhampton was clearly the best, especially in the first 45 minutes of the match. The guests won by chance stats 15-4. They also had more possession of the ball.
– It’s amazing that Wolves come to Old Trafford and have more ball possession than United who want to be a big team, Sandviken success coach Alexander Strauss said during the break TV broadcast.
– In all respects, Wolverhampton are the best team, said Eric Thorstedt, TV 2 expert.
Wolves crawl all the way to the back of United – three points behind in eighth.
– Scoring and winning here against a good team and an excellent coach.. It’s great for us. I think we got it all under control. They only created one chance. I think we deserved to win, said top scorer Moutinho.
– It’s not good. “It’s not the case,” former United player Gary Neville says on Twitter of the red shirt performance.
1 of 3Photo: Paul Ellis/AFP
Store Fernandez Boom
Bruno Fernandes (27) was on the bench from the start, but the star player entered the field half an hour before the end. Just a few minutes later, Fernandes United had his biggest chance of the match. After a job from Nemanja Matic (33), the midfielder was able to finish without pressing eight meters from the goal.
Old Trafford fans prepared to let go of the cheers, but after a few hundred they saw the ball hit the crossbar instead of the net.
Eight minutes before the end, the boom became decisive. Phil Jones (29) started his first game with Manchester United two years ago, and was among the best team, but the goalkeeper was unlucky after falling to Moutinho. The Portuguese arranged the rest, and three points to Wolverhampton.
We misused our chances to score. “We have to admit they deserved to win,” says Rangnick.
– What do you think of the way you paid tonight?
– We didn’t pay at all. We didn’t succeed, admits the United manager, known as the creator of “counter-pressure”.
Manchester United’s next match is to settle the FA Cup at home against Aston Villa in a week’s time.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”