The Real Madrid coach admits Erling Braut Haaland (21) is a “fantastic player”, but now offers his version of why the club will not bring in the Norwegian, who will play instead for Manchester City.
Florentino Perez says in an interview with El Chiringuito TV:
– The Mbappe agreement did not create any problems for the potential Haaland agreement, certainly not. We have Benzema, so it was impossible for him (Haaland) to be with Karim. We can’t make Haaland leave him on the bench, says the Real Madrid president, who has denounced him among others. Mark And the Fox Sports.
Haaland is a great player, says Perez, who also believes Benzema is the best midfielder in the world.
– An item?
Manchester City were able to introduce Erling Braut Haaland as a new player on Monday. When asked whether it would be appropriate to select the Norwegian player in two years’ time, the Real Madrid manager replied:
– I don’t know if Haaland has any penalty clause with Manchester City. I’ve seen some cases about that, but haven’t received anything for sure.
The Real Madrid president said they wanted to make teams of “youngsters and some reinforcements”.
There are many indications that Kylian Mbappe (23) should sign for Real Madrid, but The star chose instead to extend with Paris Saint-Germain. After a complete reversal, he extended with Paris Saint-Germain until 2025.
Florentino Perez said this in the interview according to Fox Sports:
– It is not easy for Mbappe when he receives a phone call from the President of France, who tells him that he will not leave the club. So go to Qatar and get deals that drive you crazy, maybe things are completely out of proportion. That’s why Killian changed her mind.
– I don’t know the numbers in Mbappe’s contract. He has become more sensitive to political pressures. When you panic, you take the path that makes the panic go away.
– This is correct
Real Madrid president does not feel betrayed by Mbappe:
– No, Mbappe has told the whole world that he wants to play for Real Madrid – it’s his childhood dream, and it’s true. He has bought all the suits throughout history, and has publicly stated that his dream was to play for Real Madrid.
French President Emmanuel Macron (44) recently admitted that he advised PSG star Mbappe to stay in French football.
Yes, I had a conversation with Kylian Mbappe. He was simply advised to stay in France. It was informative and friendly advice. Macron said in an interview with several media outlets, republished by NTB, that the president’s task is to defend the country.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”