The name of the program, “71 Degrees North – Norway’s Toughest Celebrities,” suggests that it is a challenging expedition that participants embark on. Kevin Loren (35), one of this year’s profilers, constantly refers to it as “the most dangerous adventure in Norway” – something participants certainly feel at times.
Fellow participant Anne Remen, 42, still doesn’t use the same words when she looks back at the recording and her post.
– It was everything you think it was: extremely tiring, extremely fun, and extremely difficult, all at once. Plus, it’s all-consuming, the presenter admits.
– You keep hearing about this reality bubble, and it sounds incredibly stupid, but it’s true. When we meet again, the gossip goes on together and we’re right in the memories.
When Se og Hør met Rimmen just before they left to record, she admitted that she was afraid. To be away from his husband, children, and the expedition itself.
-And that’s exactly how it turned out. I totally missed them at home, and it was hard. The water was cold.
What the 42-year-old feared most was swimming in cold water. However, those who watched the first two episodes learned that this was the fear she experienced early on in the experience.
– It’s a classic, that. You’re asked if there’s something you’re afraid of or afraid of or don’t like at all, and you don’t really have to answer that, because that’s what you’re going to get. I said earlier that I don’t like cold showers very often, and I took a cold shower so to speak.
– It already happened in the first stage. There was a little hate in my eyes when I found out, but then you just have to do it. Part of what I wanted to get out of this experience was also to challenge myself and realize that I can do a little more than I think I can.
-Is there something you are afraid to watch on TV?
– Yes, most of it. I’ve said before that I’m a total clumsy, that’s for sure. It’s that kind of general scratching and complaining that I don’t really look forward to.
-I’m usually used to having good control over what comes out. I’m used to being up front and knowing what we’re doing. Now they have countless hours of recording, and you never know what’s coming, says a slightly nervous Remen.
Read also: -He had some malfunctions
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”