Residents of Øya in Fetsund, which flows into Gloma Oyren, have been told to leave their homes by Saturday. 12.
– There’s a lot to empty in a very short time, Torbjörn Olsen says as he removes things from his stall.
Garden furniture is already placed on the roof of the carport. He gets help from a neighbor to lift a washing machine at home.
– Managed to get some help from friends, but it was sheer luck that someone showed up during the day on Friday, says Olson.
There are about 40 houses on the island that are now being evacuated. Many residents have experienced floods in the past, such as in 1995. Olsen shows on the wall of the house how high the water rose at that time.
In the next few days, the water level in Ayer is expected to rise by approx. Two meters above normal level. A peak is expected on Sunday or Monday. It affects not only Oia but also the nearby hamlet of Nerdrum.
Criticizes the municipality
Everyone who needs to be evacuated has received an SMS about the evacuation from the municipality of Lilleström, the municipality said. Websites.
They also received an SMS saying that Romerike avvalsforedling, a waste disposal company, would pick up their garbage overtime. The municipality of Lilleström says this will avoid litter being carried away by waterways.
Torbjørn Olsen criticizes the information residents received and the help provided.
– Now it’s been half a day since they told us that they are going to come and collect the garbage, but there is nothing about how we are going to get help to empty our house in such a short time, he says with disappointment.
– Two of us, my roommate and I are in wheelchairs. After all, she didn’t get any help with favors and the like.
– We help each other
Mayor Jørgen Vik (Ap) met with NRK and Olsen in Øya this afternoon and responded to the resident’s criticism.
– I understand that this is a stressful situation, says Vic.
– A car will come to remove the garbage. Transportation will also be provided to carry out heavy and valuable goods. There is a tradition of this in previous floods, and we follow that tradition.
He says that the municipality should stand up and provide necessary assistance to the people.
– I believe we have the right people and enough people. We help each other.
Sent to hotel
Evacuees from Øya will be welcomed at Olavsgaard Hotel in Hvam from 10am on Saturday.
The hotel was previously evacuated north of Hans Huset Leersund and Assack, Lillestrom during extreme weather.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”