Norwegian tennis star Casper Ruud gets paid to promote the ‘stock market’ to celebrities. Investment economists compare it to casinos and betting on odds.
– This seems to be a very big risk, says Nordnet economist Mads Johansson.
Recently, Casper Rudd A tweet to his 89,000 followers as he announces the Royaltiz platform. There, users can “invest” in sports profiles and other “talents.”
The value of talent rises or falls depending on supply and demand. If you “own” an athlete, you can receive some sort of payout, or prize based on different criteria determined by the platform.
“That you can, for example, predict eight percent.”fruitfruitReturn on contribution. It can be compared to a dividend or a bonus. “For an athlete it is very strange. Damage or other unexpected things may occur. This sounds more like betting on the odds, even if you wrap it up with returns, says Johansson.
Read on E24+
Otherwise (age 30) gets NOK 180,000 directly into her account from dividends
Regarding the launch of Rudd’s own “stake”, V.V video On Royaltiz’s Instagram account, billionaire Elon Musk is a dream investor.
– He has a lot of money, so he can raise the stock, and everything he does turns into gold, he said.
– Loose and available
Johansson says he thinks the platform provides a fun way to shop.
-It looks loose and empty. A fun entry barrier that encourages participation. That’s fine, but what the point is and how you should understand it is unclear, he says.
-Do you advise people to invest in this?
– This is not something I would recommend, no, because you estimate value based on the platform’s terms only, and you get a premium for the “stock” based on those parameters.
– It seems that the evaluation of players depends largely on what the player himself believes is important. You play against the house in a casino-like way, and the house always wins, Johansson continues.
-Everyone has the right to their own opinion
E24 was unable to obtain a comment from Casper Ruud himself. Team Ruud’s press contact, Tina Falster, refers to the tennis star’s international agent, Marijn Bal of IMG.
Casper Ruud makes money from the convention by being an ambassador and listed on the platform, he writes in an email. The Ruud team will not answer follow-up questions about the amount.
– We spoke to an economist who thinks this is too risky, and compares it to a casino. What do you think about this claim?
– Everyone can have their own opinion and evaluation of everything they do and see. That’s their right, Pal writes in an email.
E24 asked follow-up questions about whether Rudd’s team agrees with the economist’s assessment. They don’t want to answer that.
Manchester United captain with
Many major international stars also top the platform, especially in the world of football.
Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes, former Manchester City star Riyad Mahrez, AC Milan profiler Rafael Leao, and Real Madrid duo Eduardo Camavinga and Aurelien Chouamini can all be found in the built-in profile list.
The latter is also one of the investors behind the project. As well as Sevilla player Jules Kounde.
“Explorer. Unapologetic entrepreneur. Alcohol fanatic. Certified writer. Wannabe tv evangelist. Twitter fanatic. Student. Web scholar. Travel buff.”