English journalists in Manchester (VG) are known for their tabloid nicknames and color photos, but Erling Braut Haaland (22) gives them headaches.
– Now it’s hard to know what to write about. We’re looking for new angles all the time now. We feel like we’ve said all there is to say about him. Martin Blackburn told VG he’s only been here for three months.
The expert reporter has followed Manchester City closely for several years. In recent months, Blackburn has highlighted the 12 games Haaland played for the club, in which he scored 19 goals.
Several of the journalists that VG spoke to at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday night appeared to be perplexed after another show at Haaland.
– It was a great start. Those who have watched City regularly in recent years know that they are a team that creates many chances and seems perfect for them at first. But no one thought he would score so many goals, says The Sun reporter.
– I’ve never seen anything like it. He almost broke records in his debut in the Premier League. Then you also know about the start of the Champions League. He has already held the record for the number of goals scored by a player after 30 matches and has played only 22 matches in the Champions League. haha. He is really writing for the history books here.
12 games, three hat-tricks and a goal average of 1.58 means that even the local Manchester Evening News is having challenges finding new superlatives and adjectives to describe Haaland.
According to Joe Bray, Cristiano Ronaldo’s first season with United in the early 2000s can be compared when it comes to the hysteria surrounding Haaland.
– We have now reached a point where we are playing and we expect Haaland to score. It’s very special to witness, Bray tells VG.
– It’s “crazy” how he must score. Nobody knows how to stop him. When he gets a chance, he takes it. I don’t think even his teammates expected that. There are still stories to be written, but it’s getting harder to tell just how awesome he really is, the Manchester Evening News reporter believes.
Haaland’s ruin of the city consists of the following achievements:
August 7, London Stadium: two goals against West Ham (0-2).
Sunday August 21, St James’ Park: 1 goal against Newcastle (3-3).
August 27, Etihad Stadium: a hat-trick against Crystal Palace (4-2).
August 31, Etihad Stadium: Hat-trick against Nottingham Forest (6-0).
September 3 at Villa Park: 1 goal against Aston Villa (1-1).
September 6, Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium: two goals against Sevilla (0-4).
September 14, Etihad Stadium: 1 goal against Borussia Dortmund (2-1).
September 17, Molineux Stadium: 1 goal against Wolverhampton (0-3).
October 2, Etihad Stadium: hat-trick against Manchester United (6-3).
October 5, Al Ittihad Stadium: two goals against FC Copenhagen (5-0).
after, after UEFA Champions League meeting with FCK Pep Guardiola, 51, was asked about one Allegation in the Spanish mediaReal Madrid could allegedly activate a clause in Haaland’s contract in 2024 – without City being able to do anything about it.
– this is not true. Guardiola told VG and other Manchester media: He does not have a clause for Real Madrid or any other team.
– What do you think of the allegations?
You can’t control rumors or what someone else says. The most important thing is that he adapted very well. I have a feeling he is very happy here and we are trying to make the players happy here. Everyone loves him.
Next time will be City’s new favorite in the home game against Southampton on Saturday. Last year, the two Premier League matches between the two teams ended in a draw. Match starts at 16:00. The match will be shown on Viaplay.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”