– It’s beyond that.
Fifth place in Thursday’s sprint at Anterselva made Ole Einar Bjørndalen use big words about Slovenian Anamarija Lampic.
– She misses twice and is number five in her first year. It’s a sensation, an absolutely insane feat, says the TV 2 biathlon expert.
Before this season, Lambek replaced cross-country skiing with biathlon. She also finished fifth on her World Cup debut in Hochfilzen last month.
Then it was Bjørndalen was shocked.
– I will continue to protest in this way. Lambique adds: I have exceeded my plans for the season and I want to really enjoy it Slovenian Biathlon Federation After the fifth place on Thursday.
Shock tracker wc
Bjørndalen believes Lambik could also shock at WC in Oberstdorf.
– Oberstdorf has longer slopes, so Lampic doesn’t have the advantage of Hochfilzen and Anterselva, but it could work if there was a highway, says TV 2’s biathlon expert.
– I would have expected it to be on the podium in the sprint if it was that fast at the start. I think it can be the biggest surprise in the restroom, says Bjørndalen.
He is amazed by Lambique’s meteoric career as a sports player.
– But she is very motivated, says the coach. She makes things easy, and is motivated and eager to keep shooting. Bjorndalen says she had a great coach in Rico Gross, who was also a good athlete.
The aforementioned Gross praises his student.
– It was a great run by Anamarija. Shooting with two booms is good. It was only ten seconds away from the podium, Gross says, and she’d get there eventually Slovenian Biathlon Federation.
Lambeck, who took bronze at the 2021 Fifa World Cup cross-country race in Oberstdorf, says she worked out a good plan with the coach before Thursday’s race.
– Rico and I agreed that I would slow down in the last kilometer or 500 meters before entering the runway, so I could focus on shooting. It was very good, says Lampek, who believes the result was a triumph for her.
Coach Gross believes that Lampic could be good enough to claim his first World Cup win in two years.
She is the first woman to finish fifth in the World Cup in her first season. This is impressive. It’s a machine in the groove. We knew she was a good cross-country runner, especially in the sprints, but also in the long distances, Gross tells Estonians is R.
TV 2 and NRK WC will broadcast in the biathlon from February 8th.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”