- Catch the Scandinavia Tour at the end of August exclusively Discover +.
This was confirmed by its Movistar team on X / Twitter.
– Very proud
The 40-year-old Dutchwoman, who can look back on her wild career, announced that the current season will be her last on the road.
Now the former world champion will come to Norway for the Discovery + – Radio Scandinavia Tour, with three stages in Norway, at the end of August.
“We are very proud that she has chosen to end her phenomenal career with us,” Tour of Scandinavia general manager Roy Moberg tells Discovery.
– She has fond memories of the 2021 edition when she won the women’s tour in Norway overall, Moberg continues.
The cycling star will finish her home career at the Dutch Simac Ladies Tour at the start of September.
– It means a lot for the race in which the best female cyclist chooses to participate. We’ve been excited about who chooses to go to Scandinavia, but now that Van Vleuten has chosen to join, we can cross our fingers that many stars are joining, says discovery expert Andreas Stone-Mettet.
Don’t ride for results
Danish star Cecilie Utrop Ludwig is also expected to take part in the five-day tour, which begins in Halden.
– I’m excited to see how she’s recovered after this year’s Tour de France. She appears to have run completely empty in the closing stages, but the stage up to Norefjell should fit like a glove if she returns to her old ways, continues the expert.
On Sunday, Van Vleuten, who has won all three Grand Tours and has a career-high 103 professional victories, clinched her third World Championship title when she reached the starting line for the last World Cup race in Glasgow, Scotland.
– After the Glasgow toilet, Animec will enjoy another round with the team. Movitar wrote on X/Twitter that they won’t be chasing results, but will make the most of their last time on the field.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”