It is now clear that “The Worst Man in the World” will represent Norway in the Oscar for Best International Feature Film.
– I feel so much credit to you then, says Joachim Trier to actress Rinat Rensev during the press conference.
– It was so much fun that Rinat got the attention she deserves.
The director says the plan now is to spend time in Los Angeles and primarily New York, where the film will be shown.
– It will be in November. Then focus on the new year leading up to the Oscar nominations, Trier says.
– Why do you think he was chosen?
– I have not yet been able to show the film and I can meet the audience and hear their reactions. Many people reflect on the film and feel moved by it. This is what people give me.
Joachim Trier adds that he would like to thank the Norwegian audience who went to the cinema and saw the film.
– We were very concerned because Covid made people not dare to go to the cinema or not think that it was part of daily habits, but this was not the case.
Another kind of life
– We are very happy, it will be very exciting, says the main character Rinat Rinzvi.
She plays the role of Julie in “The Worst Man in the World”. Jolie is almost 30 years old, she has many talents, but the results are few and she feels more and more a supporting role in her own life.
–I’m used to a slightly different kind of life moving around with the movie. And now this. amazing thing.
According to NFI, more than 85,000 people have watched the movie in just over a week. It is also successful in France, where it was registered by 100,000 in two weeks.
– It’s great, says Kjersti Mo, director of the Norwegian Film Institute, and encourages people to keep going to the cinema.
On Thursday, it was announced «The worst man in the world» It was also nominated for the Gotham Awards for Best International Feature Film.
interpreted as The first step towards an Oscar nomination.
– Joachim trier, do you think this could be the first Norwegian feature film to win the little Oscar?
– I don’t want to spoil us and say we will win. But then let’s try and see if it works, says the director.
The film competes with a number of good films. Titan from France and Escape from Denmark are two of them. But the director says people are telling him they have a good shot at the Norwegian film.
“The World’s Worst Man” premiered at the Cannes Film Festival in July. There, the film received enthusiastic reviews. During the award ceremony at the festival, Rinat Renzvi received the award for best actress.
There she became historically the first Norwegian actress to win this award in Cannes
The movie got very good reviews. Dagsavisen, Klassecampen, God Morgen Norge and Filmpolitiet gave the worst man in the world a six dice. Dagbladet, VG, Aftenposten, Adresseavisa and Bergens Tidende roll five dice.
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”