Jennifer Coolidge, 61, started off as “the asshole” at Sunday’s Golden Globes, but ended up stealing the show. Now fans want more.
on me Twitter There is now a campaign for Jennifer Coolidge to host the Oscars.
Entertainment tonight Little Commitment follows what is being described as an “epic” performance at the Golden Globes.
CNN He writes that Coolidge “stole the show”.
Watch an excerpt from Coolidge’s speech here, but know that it contains a major “spoiler” for “The White Lotus”:
«Give Jennifer Coolidge the job of hosting the Oscars. right Nowwrites one tweeter.
«This is a petition asking Jennifer Coolidge to read next year’s Oscarswrites another.
«Someone needs to invite Jennifer Coolidge to the Oscars, because right now I honestly feel like I couldn’t watch an awards show without her.says another.
Golden Globes: Find out who won
The Grand Prize went to The Fabelmans, which was named Best Dramatic Film.
Coolidge is aware of the campaign, but he jokes Extra TV It is “hard work” to lead Oscar.
– You want to say ruder, more perverted things. And you want to say things that might sound offensive to certain people, and then you can really get into trouble these days,” says the 61-year-old.
Joke or blister?
Before Jennifer Coolidge herself ended up winning the statuette on Sunday, she handed the trophy to “Abbott Elementary” star Tyler James Williams (30).
– And the Oscar goes to…, said Coolidge, whereupon the audience broke into laughter and she quickly corrected herself: – Oh no, no, no, golden balls!
The “miss” may have been carefully planned, because just before that, Coolidge had joked about being nervous and that she “hasn’t made a fool of herself yet.”
The clip went viral, but the speech Coolidge gave was the same as when it was announced that she had won Best Supporting Actress in the “white lotus”.
She joked, among other things, that the cup was so heavy that she had to put it down.
– I don’t train, so I can’t keep it for a long time, she said, laughing from the audience.
She also thanked the “five” in the room who maintained that she could “with small jobs” sustain her career through 20 difficult years.
– You, Ryan Murphy, said the TV producer and screenwriter.
– Let’s see who else… Well, I was just Ryan, she added.
The audience laughed hysterically, while Coolidge said she “didn’t know anyone, so nothing happened.”
– I want you all to know that I have So Big dreams and expectations when I was younger, she said, but they are often spoiled by life or something else, and added:
– I also thought that I would be the Queen of Monaco, even if someone else really is. But I had those Giant thoughts. And then you get older, and you think: what the hell, what’s going to happen?
She addressed the creator of “The White Lotus” Mike White (52 years old) directly and said that he “gave her a new beginning and changed her life in a million ways.”
– Now even the neighbors are talking to me! i mean it. I have never been invited to anyone on my hill, she said, but now everyone wants to visit me.
Coolidge was nominated for the same role last year – and then without winning.
The public knows Coolidge as well “Mother of Stifler” In the “American Pie” films (1999-2012), Coolidge has appeared in more than 100 films and series since her debut in 1993’s “Seinfeld,” including the “Legally Blonde” films.
– In the process of flattening
Recently, pop star Ariana Grande (29) has been given a lot of credit for the fact that she is now so popular. Grande Coolidge used her in the “Thank U, Next” music video in 2018.
– I was about to flatten out somehow, and things sped up to me again, she said to the pop artist During an interview with Syndicated Magazine.
Coolidge also stars in the 2021 movie “Jingle Bells,” Netflix’s first Christmas movie. About gay love.
Jennifer Coolidge in 2012: – Everyone thinks she’s a horny lady
“Infuriatingly humble web fan. Writer. Alcohol geek. Passionate explorer. Evil problem solver. Incurable zombie expert.”