In December, it became known that TV 2 news anchor Catherine Fossum (46 years old) would leave TV 2 Nyhetene and move on to other roles at the channel.
Additionally, Fossum undertakes freelance assignments through his own company, including consulting work and conference hosting jobs.
It will be an exciting and different time ahead for the former TV 2 character, but with more free time in her daily life, one thing has taken over her daily life.
I've been involved since the beginning
When Nettavisen meets Fossum regarding the press launch of upcoming TV 2 show “The Game,” the 46-year-old makes no secret of the fact that she was sad to leave her job at TV 2 Nyhetene, with whom she has been working since 2006.
– It was very difficult. I have been involved with TV 2 Nyheten since the first day of broadcast, so having to resign was difficult. I spent several months realizing this, but I always thought that day would come, and now it's true, Fossum tells Netavisen.
Although the news anchor is leaving the ship, she has no doubt that the rest of the colleagues will report the news brilliantly without her.
– I'm not worried about it, but obviously there are a lot of options and it's just not a lot of fun. It's also sad, so it's a little bit of both. She says it's mostly fun.
Read also: Kathryn Fossum abused in underhanded fraud case: – I hope people are vigilant
He will remain as presenter
Although Fossum will not remain a permanent employee, she explained in A Interview with TV 2 She has not left the channel for some time, but is looking for new roles as a freelancer – joining TV 2's programming and publishing department.
It is a solution that you are happy with.
-It's very cool. I have a contract with TV 2 as a presenter, so I will still work with Sommerhytta, who I love working with. I'm also in “The Game” now, which is very exciting as well, Fossum tells Nettavisen.
However, the 46-year-old is very excited for the time ahead and looks forward to seeing what other opportunities arise.
– I am very sure that this life will be beautiful, and not least a lot of fun. It is new then, she says and continues:
-Being a little more flexible and agreeing to things I wouldn't normally be able to do is exciting.
I got a clear cut
With the job change, Fossum has a desire to take on assignments for various companies and events.
– I plan to take on some duties as a conference host and debate leader, and I also have a number of other small projects that I'm working on but not fully thought out yet, she told Nettavisen.
Read also: Birthday column: Kathryn Fossum (45)
In addition, she has a great desire to continue developing her great passion.
-I love swimming in ice. Now I shower more than ever and share the joy of showering on social media, but some friends have told me I need to calm down and do something else, she says with a laugh.
– But I like to be able to do what I like, and we'll also see how you can build on that and maybe use it for something. Now I'm in an exciting place in life.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”