Privacy and data storage
Store and record data
By visiting this website, certain technical data about your Internet connection and browser is stored. This data can be classified as follows:
- cookies in your browser
- Technical information on the servers
- User information in databases
A cookie is a mechanism by which your browser can take care of the information it receives from websites, and then send it back to the websites again later. This is done automatically without the user having to think about it.
Cookies may have many functions, such as tracking settings, which user you are logged in with, what you have access to, helping ensure you are getting the right content, tracking ad impressions and more.
Cookies allow such settings and other things to be tracked over time, so that the information is more easily accessible on repeated visits to the website. Cookies are also used for the temporary processing of information about the user when visiting different parts of the same website.
Cookies are automatically saved by your browser as small text files on your computer. You can change the settings for how cookies are handled in your browser.
Cookies can be provided by all types of content on the website, whether text pages, images or others. Cookies are only sent to the site from which you obtained them, and not to other sites.
This website stores cookies to manage three levels of functionality:
- Important cookies are used to track user and access information, some personal settings, and more. Without these, the site will not function as it should.
- Analytics cookies are used to track website traffic, which parts are most popular, which parts are most used and more. Portions of these are third-party cookies that are provided by third-party service providers. Analytical functions cookies are used to improve the website (which is subject to continuous development), but are not critical to the functionality of the website.
- Advertising cookies are used by both internal and external advertising systems to track and track ad impressions.
There is a legal requirement that this information be made available to you as a user of websites that use these cookies.
When you visit a website, the web server will record some technical information such as your IP address, the browser you are using, and the time of each time you request data from the server, i.e. when you click on an internal link and load a new website or associated data such as fonts, images and various scripts requested for the website to work.
This data is kept for a certain period of time only in order to perform troubleshooting and debugging of the systems, and is not shared with the newspaper staff or third parties.
We store certain information about you as a user. No sensitive information is stored on this website, but simple contact information that you provide when creating a user account or purchasing services in online newspapers will be stored in our databases. This is necessary to be able to provide you services. This data is deleted when you delete your user account.
Who do we store data about?
If you visit this website without registering a user account or subscription, the following data will be stored about you:
- Some technical information such as IP address and browser are stored in the web server logs. This technical information is kept for 180 days and is necessary for the service to work and to ensure security. This data is not disclosed to the newspaper’s staff or to third parties.
- Google Analytics counts page views to maintain visitor statistics. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to track you.
- Some third party services such as downloaded fonts and scripts may log your IP address and other information on external servers.
- A cookie is set to identify you as a user while browsing websites. This is deleted when you close your browser, or at the latest after 360 minutes of inactivity.
Registered users and subscribers:
If you choose to create a user account and/or subscribe to the Online Newspaper, the following information about you will also be stored:
- The name, address and other contact information you provide for yourself in the registration process. This data is stored until you delete your user account.
- Information about your subscription, for example when it was purchased, how it was paid for, a few numbers from your credit card, how long the subscription was and which subscription you have. This data is stored until the user account is deleted.
- Simple data about the articles you have read and the amount of articles you have read. This is used to improve our content and is deleted if you delete your user account.
Note: After data is deleted, it can still be saved for up to 180 days in backups. Backups are stored with high security and limited access, and are necessary to be able to do troubleshooting and ensure the security of users and the computer system.
The following general conditions apply if you create a user account and/or subscription:
A subscription to Nordre gives you the opportunity to read our content in print and digitally via computer, mobile phone and tablet for you and your family. It also provides access to eavis (electronic paper gazette).
Paper newspapers are delivered on Thursdays, while digital access is always available.
It is possible to stop sending the paper newspaper and use the digital services only.
Subscription is binding until canceled by the subscriber. If the subscription is not paid by the due date, the subscription will be stopped and invoiced for any unpaid period.
The subscription must be paid in advance, and the bill for the next period will be notified in advance of the due date. When paying with a paper invoice, there is an invoice fee.
AvtaleGiro is agreed upon via your bank. The entry form in the AvtaleGiro agreement is usually received along with the paper invoice.
All prices quoted apply to delivery in Norway including VAT. Outside Norway, separate conditions apply. In the event of a price change, the new price will be valid from the time of the next payment period.
Short stops do not result in a deduction from the subscription price. There is no opportunity to request to stop the subscription during the booking period.
According to the withdrawal period law, the subscriber can withdraw from the agreement without giving a reason within 14 days of the first delivery.
If the newspaper is not delivered due to a strike, lockout or other delivery problem, our liability for damages will be limited to what the subscriber paid for the corresponding period of time. Overdue journals do not usually provide compensation. If you have access to the newspaper digitally, the lost paper newspaper will not be replaced in the event of a delivery problem.
As a user of this website, you can Call the newspaper To hand over and/or delete your data.
If you have a user account/subscription, you can log into your user profile and download your saved data, as well as delete your user account and associated data at any time.
You can also delete all local data in your browser. The procedure for doing this varies between different browsers and devices.
Recommendation: With the European Union service YourOnlineChoices.com, you can have some control over how different ad providers track you, as well as read several good tips on how to tailor the ads you are shown. Open YourOnlineChoices.com in a new window.
Note: Some existing system critical data, for example, web server logs cannot be deleted on demand, but are automatically deleted after a short time according to the above information.
If you press refuse, cookies will not be stored in your browser and no data about you will be recorded in our databases. It also means that we can’t know if you have agreed or not, so you’ll see this warning on every page you visit. Technical information (web server logs) will still store your IP address and browser information, but are continually deleted as described above.
“Explorer. Unapologetic entrepreneur. Alcohol fanatic. Certified writer. Wannabe tv evangelist. Twitter fanatic. Student. Web scholar. Travel buff.”