ULLEVAAL (Dagbladet): Right after 11.00 this morning, buses with the national football team swayed in front of Ullevaal Stadium.
The players went out one by one for training before the match against Serbia in the Nations League on Thursday. Behind the barricades, Max Shimura, 13, from Frankfurt, stood and waited with his parents.
Then what happened gave the teenager a drop in his chin. What he dreamed of come true. Erling Braut Haaland came in and signed the national team kit that Max had bought two days earlier. Not only that: He’s also got a picture with Haaland.
– I am very happy, says the German to Dagbladet.
Max, mum Katharina and dad Marek have been on vacation in Norway, but will be traveling home in Frankfurt on Sunday night.
A few hours before his return home, Max’s dream came true. They’ve been to the usual tourist attractions like the Munch Museum and Holmenkollen. But this morning the flight went to the National Arena.
– I saw on Instagram the national team trained at Olival Stadium. Then we went here to see if it was possible to meet the guys, Max says.
Haaland took his time. For the great German halls.
– We are leaving today. But on the last day he got what he wanted, says mother Katharina.
– What will your friends in Germany say?
– They will think that this is absolutely incredible, says Max.
– Many boys at school are fans of Haaland. I hope they are happy on my behalf and not jealous.
He is fully satisfied with his Oslo visit. The city is believed to be more beautiful than Frankfurt.
As a pro-Eintracht Frankfurt, Jens Petter Hauge is also a favourite, but Haaland’s signature was the icing on the cake.
The national team closed training after 15 minutes today. Haaland looked smiling and “fit” – big weeks ahead. Soon, Manchester City and the giant circus called the English Premier League are waiting. But first, it is the League of Nations with Norway.
– How does the board handle the transition?
– I think things are going well, national team coach Ståle Solbakken tells Dagbladet.
– Saturday we had one hour training. Then we had dinner and slept. Then we had a meeting. I was unable to speak deeply with Erling or any of the others.
The match against Serbia will be played at Rajko Metik Stadium in Belgrade on Thursday. Then Sweden awaits Friends Arena in Stockholm on Sunday.
Slovenia is also in the group.
“Infuriatingly humble internet trailblazer. Twitter buff. Beer nerd. Bacon scholar. Coffee practitioner.”